Other options besides using resin for the winter time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadez

Hey guys. I am wondering if there are any alternatives to using resins and fiberglass (toxic fumes) during the winter. I am renting a room in a friends condo, who doesn't have a Garage. So, my options are zilch at the moment unless anyone has some good idea's. I know with fiber glass and resin it needs to be above 66 degrees to cure properly over time. I have finished the first of my five helmets for my kids. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
E7K

I use a 2 part epoxy resin. It is safe to use inside and there are no fumes or even bad scents (at lease not with the brand i use). I even use it with my kids in the same room. I use a brand called Smooth-On. It can be found here.

I use a 2 part epoxy resin. It is safe to use inside and there are no fumes or even bad scents (at lease not with the brand i use). I even use it with my kids in the same room. I use a brand called Smooth-On. It can be found here.

Thanks ALOT, man... about how much is needed for one helmet? I just want to know, cause I have 5 helmets to build for my kids. Once again, thank you a lot for letting me know about that. That will help get me way ahead of schedule.

P.S. How's the Helmet and the rest of the suit coming along? Can't wait to see your helmet. You were doing some amazing work with that helmet.

I used most of the trial size to do my helmet (which is huge because i have a large head). If you're doing 5 helmets, i would highly recommend buying the gallon kit and pumps. Idk how you would measure and mix with that giant bottle of part A. The pumps are well worth the extra money.

Also, it's coming. I haven't done a single thing in a week until today. I should have a nice, big update tomorrow... hopefully haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back