ownedkapoo's rushed Halo Wars build (one month)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brax Lel

Halo Wars 2 is coming up in about a month. I heard from AlwaysTimsTime said that you can complete a suit in 2 weeks if you have no school or work. I have currently have no school nor work. So lets go, we're oscar mike

Last edited:
20170117_182759.jpg
20170117_060141.jpg
20170101_164106.jpg

1" wide webbing, once they are hardened, would be my guess.

Good luck with the build! If you are not planning to bondo or fiberglass then I think 1 month is very doable.

But, please try not to double post. If it has been less than 24 hours and no one has responded to your last post, then click the edit button to add more information and photos. Love the photos!

1" wide webbing, once they are hardened, would be my guess.

Good luck with the build! If you are not planning to bondo or fiberglass then I think 1 month is very doable.

But, please try not to double post. If it has been less than 24 hours and no one has responded to your last post, then click the edit button to add more information and photos. Love the photos!
What is 1" wide webbing? How do I use it? Where do I get it?

Create a skeleton with the webbing by sewing them together. Attach buckles to the ends so that they can be secured around your arm. Attach the armor pieces to the skeleton web using rivets or snaps. Just one idea.

Create a skeleton with the webbing by sewing them together. Attach buckles to the ends so that they can be secured around your arm. Attach the armor pieces to the skeleton web using rivets or snaps. Just one idea.
Is there a thread or a video of that? Im more of a visual learner

I am not sure. For future reference, please and thank you can go a long way. For now, this is all the help I am willing to lend. I would recommend revisiting the idea once you have hardened the pieces.

In the case of your biceps, your not going to use webbing. Webbing is for strapping full pieces to each other, i.e. a chest piece and a shoulder/bicep/pauldron, to keep them in line with each other and not falling.

What your going to need to do is find the contact points for each of those pieces and attach them together based on that, probably with hot glue/super glue, or whatever else your using. Look at the pdo file or get some screen shots to see how they should connect. I would suggest using some scrap paper and making some fake tabs to glue it together.

As to your timeline, you can complete a suit in 2 weeks to a month, but your not going to get the quality of some of the builds here. And certainly not with paper, which really needs to be hardened and smoothed. That process takes about a day per large/full piece, just because of the dry/cure time. That being said, some of the first suits I saw on the old 405th, and my first suit (which I have never shown), were not top quality, so build what your happy with.

In the case of your biceps, your not going to use webbing. Webbing is for strapping full pieces to each other, i.e. a chest piece and a shoulder/bicep/pauldron, to keep them in line with each other and not falling.

What your going to need to do is find the contact points for each of those pieces and attach them together based on that, probably with hot glue/super glue, or whatever else your using. Look at the pdo file or get some screen shots to see how they should connect. I would suggest using some scrap paper and making some fake tabs to glue it together.

As to your timeline, you can complete a suit in 2 weeks to a month, but your not going to get the quality of some of the builds here. And certainly not with paper, which really needs to be hardened and smoothed. That process takes about a day per large/full piece, just because of the dry/cure time. That being said, some of the first suits I saw on the old 405th, and my first suit (which I have never shown), were not top quality, so build what your happy with.

Should I harden the pieces first or should I hot glue it while its cardstock?

Since they aren't linked already, I'd say harden them, then join them together. Unless your absolutely certain they are the right size, doing it that way will give you a margin of error, especially if they are to small. If they are to big, your in for more work, but it's doable.

20170126_102926.jpg

Halo%20Wars%20Forarm%20Pepakura.jpg

Okay my forearm piece is too small. I scaled it 178mm high, 132mm in width, and 71mm in depth. 71mm translates to 2 inches which is way too small for me to wear. Are there any good guides on how to scale? Im using HaloGoddess's scaling guide, but she didnt explain how to scale the forearm. The numbers keep jumping around when I put in one number. What happened to that one help thread for pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back