Wondercon Website

Where
Anaheim Convention Center

Parking
Anaheim Convention Center Parking, Angel Stadium Overflow

When
March 24th-26th

Photoshoot

Saturday: Time TBD (hosted by Anvil Station Costuming Group)

Panel
None

Tickets
Tickets here!

Chat Room
Discord

Hey everyone, it's that time of year! Wondercon is just next month. Here will be a central hub for asking questions, getting details, organizing meetups, and general conversation!

We're excited to have another successful Southern California con. Last year, it was a nice 70 degrees out - so hopefully this year we can expect the same! Please refer to my very poorly drawn explanation for where we usually do shoots! It is on the roof of the building, where the stairs are. I'll be posting more information about it as I get more photoshoot details!

Aerial-View-of-Anaheim-Convention-Center.jpg

What
Wondercon 2023!
Wondercon Website

Where
Anaheim Convention Center

Parking
Anaheim Convention Center Parking, Angel Stadium Overflow

When
March 24th-26th

Photoshoot
Saturday: Time TBD (hosted by Anvil Station Costuming Group)

Panel
None

Tickets
Tickets here!

Chat Room
Discord

Hey everyone, it's that time of year! Wondercon is just next month. Here will be a central hub for asking questions, getting details, organizing meetups, and general conversation!

We're excited to have another successful Southern California con. Last year, it was a nice 70 degrees out - so hopefully this year we can expect the same! Please refer to my very poorly drawn explanation for where we usually do shoots! It is on the roof of the building, where the stairs are. I'll be posting more information about it as I get more photoshoot details!

View attachment 328209
So excited!!!!!!

Update! The photoshoot, hosted by Anvil Station, will be on the Pacific Terrace on the second floor. If you're walking with me, you won't get lost! It can be tricky to find. In addition, the shoot will be around noon on Saturday.

Anvil has an armor creation panel at 2, and I'm planning on attending that too! More info for that coming soon.

Hello friends.

I have some feedback from this event. Apparently a new prospective member had not a great experience when trying to meet people in the 405th. I'm inquiring about when it was during the weekend but apparently they couldn't even get anyone to really acknowledge that they were trying to talk to people. This person also had this experience several years ago and I assured them that was NOT what the 405th was like but they tell me it was exactly the same as their last experience, and that makes me sad. I do realize that there is potential that this is in reference to people who are not part of our group but I'm asking for you all to keep your eyes open and being kind to those you don't recognize. I wasn't there to see it so I'm only going on what I'm being told so I'm definitely taking it with a grain of salt but I think it's a good reminder for all of us that we need to make sure we are welcoming to everyone and make them feel like they are important. I want people to leave a meeting with the 405th feeling pretty great about our group and have them looking forward to seeing us again. I've definitely been guilty of this before - being wrapped up in something else at the time - it's difficult to be super aware of all things at a busy event. I'm just asking that we all be mindful. I know I'll be working extra hard on that at my first con of the year coming up next month.

Hello friends.

I have some feedback from this event. Apparently a new prospective member had not a great experience when trying to meet people in the 405th. I'm inquiring about when it was during the weekend but apparently they couldn't even get anyone to really acknowledge that they were trying to talk to people. This person also had this experience several years ago and I assured them that was NOT what the 405th was like but they tell me it was exactly the same as their last experience, and that makes me sad. I do realize that there is potential that this is in reference to people who are not part of our group but I'm asking for you all to keep your eyes open and being kind to those you don't recognize. I wasn't there to see it so I'm only going on what I'm being told so I'm definitely taking it with a grain of salt but I think it's a good reminder for all of us that we need to make sure we are welcoming to everyone and make them feel like they are important. I want people to leave a meeting with the 405th feeling pretty great about our group and have them looking forward to seeing us again. I've definitely been guilty of this before - being wrapped up in something else at the time - it's difficult to be super aware of all things at a busy event. I'm just asking that we all be mindful. I know I'll be working extra hard on that at my first con of the year coming up next month.
Hey FANGS, thank you for letting us all know about this! I would really like to know more, and maybe we can talk about this? There were dozens of people here with us, and although I saw some new faces, I hadn't had a chance to meet everyone! I introduced myself to everyone I could. Given that it was a dual group, Halo and Anvil, we had a mix of well over 30 individuals at the photoshoots (great turnout - but very busy). Since we didn't have a booth or meeting place, our 405th members were only gathered really at the photoshoots or at the Anvil panel. I would assume that the individual probably didn't get a chance to interact with us much due to how crazy it was - the weekend was very overwhelming.

Oh I know exactly how it happened. The moment more than one group is there, no one knows who belongs to who. I totally get it. I didn't know they were going to be there or I would have given you the heads up to look out for them. I'm just sad that someone who wanted to give us another chance had another negative experience. I've told them that you are all good people and I'm happy to set something up for you all to meet but I'm leaving that ball in their court. I'm happy to talk any time.

Just wanted to say that I had a ton of fun at Wondercon!! I wanted to thank you all for really welcoming me to my first Halo Cosplay meetup and you all had amazing costumes. This was by far my favorite convention I have been to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back