Pacific Rim!! discussion (Possible spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrtickr

Member DIN
S259
Hey there 405th I was just wanting to get some opinions on pacific rim.

Yes I have seen it, BUT I was wondering if it is worth seeing in 3D (I am planing on seeing it again either way)

And I am also wondering what you guys thought about it.

3D was good, but I didn't feel like it was a movie where you'd miss out on too much if you didn't see it in 3D. It was a good one though!

3D was good, but I didn't feel like it was a movie where you'd miss out on too much if you didn't see it in 3D. It was a good one though!

I saw it in 2D my first time i was just wondering if it was really well done in 3D.

Pacific Rim had a few cheesy moments and some obvious plot holes (if the sword was so darn effective, why didn't they use it initially?), but it action packed filled with plenty of humor with great cinematic scenes. Anyone who loves mecha or invading monster movies must watch Pacific Rim.

It;s hard to find a flaw with Pacific Rim. It was believable as in, you could see our governments reacting to the kaiju threat in that way. And there was a real human story behind it all between the main characters. Its easy for these movie to get caught up in the action and lose the humanity in the sheer scale of it all.

Also, the Russian Jaeger was by far my favorite. Its a walking tank.

Which brings me to another subject.

how many of you plan on building a Jager suit of armor?

If I could, I totally would. The issue would be making the mechanical limbs screen accurate and also able to fit around your own limbs. I'd love to do a Cherno Alpha suit. It'd be reallly hard to turn my head though since the head and chest piece is one massive unit. Kinda looks like a cooling tower from a nuclear power plant.

If I could, I totally would. The issue would be making the mechanical limbs screen accurate and also able to fit around your own limbs. I'd love to do a Cherno Alpha suit. It'd be reallly hard to turn my head though since the head and chest piece is one massive unit. Kinda looks like a cooling tower from a nuclear power plant.

What I was thinking was that you scale up the suit kind of like how they made the wired suit

you are forgeting that your head would be inside the (tube) so you could just make a section see through

Looking at it, You're right. It would be a fun build though. Hopefully someone comes out with pep files for them all soon
O posted it as a request on the forum so hopefully some one'll help us out! at the very least it would make a kick ass statue for your man-cave

Right now I am trying to rip the 3D models of the Jaegers from the XBLA Game, I have to program to rip the game from my Xbox to my computer but after that I am at a complete loss.

Right now I am trying to rip the 3D models of the Jaegers from the XBLA Game, I have to program to rip the game from my Xbox to my computer but after that I am at a complete loss.

I think this may help, if you can send me those files I may be able to try and help, but I am a noob so it is your choice!

Ok so it is time to move into spoiler country and discuss what you thought of certain parts of the film.

(if you have a negative points those are still valid points)

OK so here we go.

point 1. near the beginning of the movie after Stacker invites our main character back to the Jager program we find that all remaining jagers have been brought to the last shatterdome. when they arrive at the hanger Stacker says "we used to launch more than 30 jagers out of this facility alone." WHAT!!!!
so lets do some math here China's shatterdome = 30+ jagers, Japan's shatterdome= 30+ jagers, USA shatterdome= 30+ jagers = a total of 90+ jagers!!!!! but the movie only has 4 remaining jagers. :/
so when the jagers started losing wouldn't we start sending bigger jager groups for more success? therefore giving us a larger force of jagers in the first place?

point 2. The sword. nuf said

point 3. Biological EMP?!?!?! NO way.

point 4. stereotypes.

point 5. huge gigantic robots :) :O love it

point 6. small story problems for people who didn't care to watch any of the released featuretes which explain a lot.

that is all i really cared about at all in this film as far as nit - picking but overall if you let yourself go in this movie you will never find another experience like it.

so from me this movie gets a 9/10.

1. Such a retarded idea as a "kaiju-proof" wall, is an idea i could see our governments trying to implement.

2. I wanted to see more jaegars from other countries. Germany, the UK, and whatnot.

3. Ron Perlman did a fantastic job.

4. Why do disaster movies always have " a giant bomb" as the answer? Deep Impact, Armageddon, Sunshine, Independence Day, and many others.
"In a movie universe, there's no problem that a big enough bomb can't solve!"

I just got to say this, is it me or is this a spin off of the Neon Genesis Evangelion show. eva's= mech's, angnels= monters, the sword= lance of longias. and the movie universe yes bombs fix all problems but it also some times creates problems Godzilla for one such monster and what if this is just a spin off I can see all the other mechs being wiped out due to the biggest monster of them all adam.

near the beginning of the movie after Stacker invites our main character back to the Jager program we find that all remaining jagers have been brought to the last shatterdome. when they arrive at the hanger Stacker says "we used to launch more than 30 jagers out of this facility alone." WHAT!!!!
so lets do some math here China's shatterdome = 30+ jagers, Japan's shatterdome= 30+ jagers, USA shatterdome= 30+ jagers = a total of 90+ jagers!!!!! but the movie only has 4 remaining jagers. :/
so when the jagers started losing wouldn't we start sending bigger jager groups for more success? therefore giving us a larger force of jagers in the first place?

I believe after Gipsy danger lost its battle the Jager program started losing over all, and the cost of maintaining/upgrading the current jagers and research in new technology for the jager was very costly, which is why funding was lowered for the jager program and was instead spent on the "wall of life"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back