Pacific Rim - Jaegar 2 pilot system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon Props

Member DIN
S007
Alright, Here we go again..... Hang on this build is a hell of a lot of fun.
No holding back on this one. I putting EVERYTHING I learned over the passed 2 1/2 years of building into this one.

IF IT SUCKS I'm hanging up this prop building stuff.

I'm opting for the father & son team of "Striker Eureka"...

The plan is to build and mold this entire suit and to make a very limited quantity run.

Thanks for looking,
Jim McCrea Icon Props.. aka Stony Props....

Last edited by a moderator:
Opting for using the 3 D printer for the foundation on many of these parts. It improves my accuracy and symmetry.
These first pieces will be scaled back for my sons costume first. I'll build mine 2nd.
7_zpsfcee9822.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
n_zps3e640321.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
nnnnnn_zps03cd74c4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
nnnnn_zpsb15786ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
nnnn_zps566e31d9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
This front is almost completed now. I still need to add the Striker Eureka logo to the chest plate & add some padding to the inside.

12_zps54b3a4af.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
13_zps9fa644c1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The lighting is bad, the color is much better than what these pics are putting out there.

Great start! That is really well done. I think the father son team-up is a great idea too.

Being that it's going to take 28 spine pieces in total. I thought this best be completed by making 4 dif sized ones and then making a quick mold of them.

6_zpsc64bb5a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

8_zps9cfe76ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

moldspine_zps02ac9497.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've decided to re-paint my sons chest piece. In the mean time I started with the under layer around the upper chest & neck area. I work in a print shop by day and I was able to build it from retired printing press blankets.

dd_zpsa33c5693.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

movie version. I'm getting closer.

sidebside_zpsa5d3634f.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Very nice. Your attention to detail is amazing. Did you use real socket cap screws or did you make them? Either way it looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back