Padding Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brkiker

Member DIN
S286
Another video I did showing how I added padding to my armor to help provide protection and comfort from the fiber glass that was used to reinforce it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video. Do you have a link to the sheet of padding? I can't seem to find it except in pre cut pieces for a helmet.

Nice! This is what I have planned myself when I'll be finishing my armor. Had the very same idea... because foam is comfortable and it looks good too... and even GEN2 armors have such similar material on the underside. ;)

Thanks guys.
For those that are interested. The fabric I used is basically automotive headliner.
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0335096/foam-backed-automotive-headliner-black?&cm_mmc=Google-_-Products-_-Products%20Listings-_-0335096&CAWELAID=172000510000255194&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=172000510000277928&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAiA1o-zBRDomsWasvKh4S8SJADSlZkqRFqP6j89WivTrGVTraf_HRy7-BSmPsNKyy6cGkALVxoCXOXw_wcB
@bran3
If you have a rotocast helmet, I don't think you would need it. If you do use it, just keep in mind the extra space it would take. My ODST helmet has 1/2 inch to 1 inch padding, so I don't even touch the side of the helmet.

morkar78
No problem. I figure there would be a number of Helljumpers and Spartans that would like to have this in their armor. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never even thought about what to put on the back side of my armor. Thanks for the tip!

hey i follow you on youtube lol I love your videos :) friends request incoming!

Thanks guys.
I'm working on a video on painting my BR85, and once the Artemis armor files for my wife's Kelly become available I'll do some build logs. Stay in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back