Props Paintball Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikyVengeance

alright, so I have decided to do a paintball assault rifle.

I need to cut it into pieces so I can harden it from the inside.

I have already made the assaultrifle out of cardstock and I already resined it once.

I dont know how many times I need to resin it.

The detail on the gun is pretty good and I dont think Im going to use bondo since it might peel off if it gets shot.

my plan is:

probably resin it once or twice more.

cut it into pieces so I can harden it.

I will put a layer or 2 or fiberglass then buy metal wire mesh and melt hot glue over it create another layer.

all of this to keep the paintball from shooting through.

I will install a ammo counter to 60 ( original halo assault rifle ) I will install a flashlight.

and cut out the handle to make way for my paintball gun.

I will get a new hopper and get a remote coil ( a hose for the airtank )

SO MY QUESTION IS!

when I cut the gun into pieces, how do I make them go back together?

I've seen it done before but not sure how it works exactly.

I dont know if you guys want pictures of the assault rifle and paintball gun but here they are:

Lord Devious said:
Use screws or bolts so that you can remove the paintball gun for cleaning etc.

ohh, true : )

nice thinking.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Devious said:
Any time, I eagerly await to see it finished.

me too :p

for me, it all depends on funds lol

which I'm low on at the moment

I fit the paintball gun inside the pepped and resined Assault Rifle.

it was actually pretty hard to do but none the less, I did it : P

AssaultRifle3.jpg

I am planning to add something close to like a pipe clamp and secure it to the sides of the gun and clamp the barrel ( shown in blue ) so it doesnt move all over the place.

AssaultRifle45.jpg

the green means where Im planning to add hinges and locks so I can take my gun when I need to get it out. ( cleaning and such )

AssaultRifle55.jpg

I noticed that the barrel is alittle too short but I'd have to get a new barrel.

does anyone think its a $30-$40 problem? lol which is the cost of the barrel.

The clip in the back of the gun will have a mini screw driver and acouple of hex keys for cleaning and other things.

I also saw an awesome flashlight at a store. It looked perfect but I was wondering if it would be hard to extend the button of the flashlight to somewhere on the body of the gun so I can easily access it.

I still need to find an ammo counter : (

any good comments, tips or advice is much appreciated :)

Whoa! I've heard talk about pepping halo paintball guns but this is the first time I've actually seen it done! Great work I cant wait to see the finished product!

The Wasp said:
Whoa! I've heard talk about pepping halo paintball guns but this is the first time I've actually seen it done! Great work I cant wait to see the finished product!

haha thanks : )

I had the pep laying around so I thought " might as well "

NICE!If you get it to work ya gotta have some sort of tutorial in the future! I was tellin a friend about wanting to do an AR, he said he'd want it to shoot air rifle pellets. But I told him it'd be better with a paintball gun and was figuring out how the hell it would work. Looks like you beat me too it!

Hikuro said:
NICE!If you get it to work ya gotta have some sort of tutorial in the future! I was tellin a friend about wanting to do an AR, he said he'd want it to shoot air rifle pellets. But I told him it'd be better with a paintball gun and was figuring out how the hell it would work. Looks like you beat me too it!

haha thank you :p

a tutorial would be great if I ever came around to make one.

I forgot about updating this thread lol

AssaultRifle6.jpg

I added clamps to the barrel so it doesn't rattle around in the "shell"

I used zip ties to fasten the clamps to the gun.

I bought a working flashlight for the gun.

It looks pretty accurate! and I'm glad at how it looks.

here are some pictures :

AssaultRifle7.jpg

a close up:

AssaultRifle75.jpg

and very soon, I am going to fiberglass the inside to harden the inside. : )

I will do a test video using a paintball gun against a sheet of cardstock which will be resined twice, fiberglassed, "hotglued" and a wire mesh will added also.

I will see how this stands up to the punishment, if it doesnt work out, I will add more reinforcement :p

nice job like the way its coming along. Will you use the gun for painball? if so how will it hold up to the constant shaking they make when you shoot them. I would like to see it finished soon. :D

party pooper said:
nice job like the way its coming along. Will you use the gun for painball? if so how will it hold up to the constant shaking they make when you shoot them. I would like to see it finished soon. :D

thank you :p

I will definatly use the gun for paintballing :p

I installed clamps to the barrel and attached the clamps with zip ties to the gun itself.

My gun doesnt recoil when it shoots lol, if that's what you meant.

I would love to see this done soon also lol

except the cold and wet weather outside is really holding me back on fiberglassing the inside and such. :(

Dude thats awesome, man i wish i had paypal, i want a kit :p

Looks pretty Bamf to me.

Spraynoob

That's sweet, You know what I've always wondered? Is how the H do you aim the assault rifle with no Iron Sights, sure point and shoot. But that's not very accurate. :/

Roadwarrior said:
That's sweet, You know what I've always wondered? Is how the H do you aim the assault rifle with no Iron Sights, sure point and shoot. But that's not very accurate. :/

haha I know right D:

I was wondering that too.

I don't know what exactly I'll do :

I must think of something lol

@ landothespartan:

HAHAH so very true!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back