Props Paintball Gun Ar Wip- Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

homsar66

Jr Member
Original thread here -----> http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2766112
this is all cut and pasted from that thread on PBnation

I was completely bored, so i decided to use my master fiberglass skills to make something new. This spyder was the gun that first put me into paintball, and i'll never get rid of it. So i decided to give it a make-over. First i created a 3-d sketch on the computer, downloaded it into a program which allowed me to create a folded design, which i then slathered with fiberglass. So now i had a shell, which i promptly cut in half.
PICT0012.jpg

I wanted this to be solid, so I filled the insides with foam
PICT0013.jpg

now, i'll use a soldering gun or something similar to melt a space in the gun for the spyder to sit. I haven't gotten that far yet, but here are a few, uh, "concept" pictures
PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

after i'm done, i'll hit it with matte black and silver accents, plus it'll be completely removeable, just a body kit.

BTW- don't use fiberglass, it's sticky and if you breath it in enough, you could get lung cancer. So don't try this at home. Used up all my fib mat :(
PICT0011.jpg

Oh, and sorry for the Blurry pics, my camera is supposed to be 11MP, yet its still blurry.

My model warped because i cut it in half Prematurely!!! second model on the way.
7/29/08- finished my second model. it's a little smaller and simpler, but will be easier to work with
PICT0018.jpg

PICT0016-1.jpg

and yes, that is my extensive energy drink collection. :)

dylan Snyder said:
you made those models and the pep files for them? they look awfully familiar though...

There Nuggets', at least the Detailed one is the other could be FS or Nugget.

Last edited by a moderator:
therefore he didn't make them with a sketching program then..not trying to be a dick but you shouldn't claim that you made them when they are someone elses files. just change that and keep us updated because you are the only one that i know of that is actually doing this when lots of other people said they would and didnt lol

dylan Snyder said:
therefore he didn't make them with a sketching program then..not trying to be a dick but you shouldn't claim that you made them when they are someone elses files. just change that and keep us updated because you are the only one that i know of that is actually doing this when lots of other people said they would and didnt lol

Easy now, we don't know that, even though they do resemble those files....

homsar66, can you get a screen cap of the files that you made so we may see please?

you are right, there is no actual proof. but i would like to see the file you made then for this. because we deal with a lot of plagiarism here it seems. but i guess i jumped the gun. so could you either prove you made the files, or change your post. either one works for me. but i want to see this finished. you have gone further than anyone else with a paintball halo weapon that i know of.

dylan Snyder said:
you are right, there is no actual proof. but i would like to see the file you made then for this. because we deal with a lot of plagiarism here it seems. but i guess i jumped the gun. so could you either prove you made the files, or change your post. either one works for me. but i want to see this finished. you have gone further than anyone else with a paintball halo weapon that i know of.

I agree, and its kool dude ;)

lol, easy now guys. I'm actually an old member (almost a year) and have'nt been on here in a while. Thats my file from a while ago, the second one i simplified to make it easier to use. i was also the first to do a spartan laser, plasma rifle, and Spnkr. heres a print screen. It's been smoothed, but the folds show in pep.
armodel.jpg

well then i apologize. they just looked a lot like a couple others we have around here. but i guess they are all based on the same gun. so i'm sorry.

Its cool, i understand. Anyways i've hollowed the body, but i'm waiting to go to lowes to grab some mounting hardware.

they're teh same model, but the second one i rounded the grip, got rid of the barrel and light, got rid of the little indentations on the top, and took the fingerholes off the front grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back