Paintball Tournament Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camulos

Hi all, sorry have not around much this week, lots of work getting my workplace ready for a paintball tournament we are hosting today... (Hurray for lunch breaks)

Unfortunately I am also playing in it... needless to say before lunch I was almost in tears at some of the hits...

Later on either tonight or tomorrow I will post some photos... be kind... I am a bruising and bleeding baby...

i had a friend who got a airsoft in his ear :eek: caused by my sharpshooting :p i felt so bad but it just then fell out then i was really scared at the time cause his aprents are strict :cautious: although he is good at halo hehe ;)

Airsoft is not comparable to Paintball. Paintball bullets are so much more heavier, and so much more painful. Depending on gas pressure, you'll have massive bruising for up to a week.

But surely, the adrenalin rush of paintballs whirling over your head is worth the pain? I - for some reason - always go back :lol:

TF_Productions said:
Airsoft is not comparable to Paintball. Paintball bullets are so much more heavier, and so much more painful. Depending on gas pressure, you'll have massive bruising for up to a week.

But surely, the adrenalin rush of paintballs whirling over your head is worth the pain? I - for some reason - always go back :lol:

for sure. i havent been paintballing (yet) but i think the pain would encourage you to keep your head down. also what are airsoft guns and can u get them in aus?

Last edited by a moderator:
airsoft guns and paintball guns only have three things in common they shoot, they need battery's, and hurt
as tf said "Airsoft is not comparable to Paintball"

I have a high power spring m-14 that can go through cardboard like butter but i was scared that we could'nt get it out if it did get stuck i was in for a would of hurt :cautious:

I got mine from hobbytron.com but theres others out there you gotta look im getting a co2 k-98 after i built my armor

Yea, but paintball hurts less. The surface area of the paintball is far greater then a solid plastic 6mm bb. Trust me, when your own teamate lights you up in the back of the knee from point blank with an airsoft gun shooting 400fps after tripping on a log, it hurts...

Besides, I dont use springers, and I only use high end guns that are highly upgraded :D.

Also, airsoft bb's sometimes can chip your tooth, or even go through your skin.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Yea, but paintball hurts less. The surface area of the paintball is far greater then a solid plastic 6mm bb. Trust me, when your own teamate lights you up in the back of the knee from point blank with an airsoft gun shooting 400fps after tripping on a log, it hurts...

Besides, I dont use springers, and I only use high end guns that are highly upgraded :D.
my friend and i got in a skirmish he got me in the belly button and the nose and shot me piont blank in the back of the head by acident

like i said when i'm done with my armor and the differnt helmets i planon doing i,m getting a marushin if that how you spell it m1 garnad and the hobbytron k-98 and have a ww2 skirmish and try to track down a partrooper uniform like my great granduncle had in d-day 82 Airbourne AA ;)

Was it a cheep springer from Target/Wal Mart or a Classic Army/Tokyo Marui/ICS/G&G/JG full metal gun shooting 400-450fps (Cronoed at that speed, not on the box)?

EDIT: Yea, thats what I thought, cheep junky guns. If you want something that really hurts, then you have to spend $500.00+ on the gun and in total $1000.00+ for the gun and internals/externals.

Idk K he Bought it from a friend but its crapy looking

f i get enough people for airsofting i wsand to do d-day but thy have to have high end guns and fatigues

Like i still need to find replica of a d-day 82 airbourne jacket. :D

Nope. I have played both Airsoft and Paintball for quite a while, and you would have to be hit by a frozen paintball (Done it before) from 10 feet away to equal the pain caused by a 6mm BB going 500fps at 10 feet away.

im not talking about frozen.....im talking about reballs.........the rubber ones....
well no matter what they both hurt and i think paintball is more dangerous that airsoft....

waterNIG said:
airsoft guns and paintball guns only have three things in common they shoot, they need battery's, and hurt
as tf said "Airsoft is not comparable to Paintball"

Paintball guns don't use batteries.

IMO paintballs hurt a lot more.

So many things wrong but most have been discussed---yes paintball uses co2, airsoft uses c02, propane, batteries, spring, etc.

Airsoft travels at much higher velocities than paintball, but it is a much smaller projectile, therefore, the impact is lesser. Same thing goes with if you shoot a .2BB in one gun at 10 feet, although it will be a higher fps, the .25BB will hurt a bit more.

Airsoft does do damage, just because airsoft has higher range and better accuracy, you don't "feel it" as much. Or maybe its just because you played with wallmart toys for 10$.

If you get hit close range, its going to hurt (with airsoft.) Assuming they're good guns, which is what you would play against if you actually went airsofting, and not in your backyard)

It does not cost 500 just for the gun and 1000 plus to make it shooting at 400+. I don't know what you're talking about. As much as I hate clones, JG/Echo1 are getting better and they're already high fps at 150$. If you want a good/more expensive gun, it averages 300$. I don't know where you got the extra 500$ for internals, because you can buy a full tuneup kit for 100$ and thats a COMPLETE upgrade. Or if your gun can handle it, all you need is a 10$ spring to put you up to 400fps (only certain brands can handle it stock, but it will wear down your insides quickly if they're not good).

Airsoft and paintball are two different sports-yes, they have some similarities, but mostly they can't be compared, although the rivalrly is always going to be had.

BE WEARY OF PICTURE.

bbdamage2.jpg

Airsoft for me is a spring-loaded gun shooting plastic ball-bearings. Anything else (metal bbs or gas powered) is in my opinion not fun, just stupid.

Anyway, I should say that in Germany, the energy of the projectile is limited to < 0.5 J for most toys, and 7.5 J for pro version (but you have to be 18). Anything over 7.5 needs a permit, safety, blah blah. Since you have to be 18 and indoors (for insurance reasons) to play paintball, but not for the softairs, generally paintballs have more energy than bbs. (BTW, lazerquest and similar games are banned for some reason)

The pictures just shout stupidity, full face masks are a no-brainer.

To anyone discussing paintball vs airsoft, it's impossible to gauge. Even if you manage to achieve similar energies per squere mm on impact, the balls transfer their energy differently. Generally though, flying paintballs store more energy than bbs, so on impact from sufficient range, they'll hurt more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back