Painting Hot Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCaboose

I woulda posted this in the Noob forum but it wont let me post there.

So I have some pieces that are molded hot glue and I need to Paint them. I did some spray paint on some small pieces before but they didn't flex, and I'm worried that if I Paint a large flexible part that the paint will crack off.
Could I use spray paint or should a different type of paint, and if so what kind?

Thanks everybody

I woulda posted this in the Noob forum but it wont let me post there.

So I have some pieces that are molded hot glue and I need to Paint them. I did some spray paint on some small pieces before but they didn't flex, and I'm worried that if I Paint a large flexible part that the paint will crack off.
Could I use spray paint or should a different type of paint, and if so what kind?

Thanks everybody

Maybe try Plasti Dip, then paint your parts? Don't know if this will work on large glue parts, but it works on flexible foam parts. Good luck.

Brush on Acyrillic paint, latex paint is suitable but Acyrillic paint will last longer and is cheaper in the long run. You definatly do not want Enamel, but I don't see the purpose of using Plastidip to coat it first with. if you used spray paint to coat it with I would recommend getting some paint thinner and taking the spray enamel off, letting the hot glue armor piece dry then painting it with acyrillic.

Brush on Acyrillic paint, latex paint is suitable but Acyrillic paint will last longer and is cheaper in the long run. You definatly do not want Enamel, but I don't see the purpose of using Plastidip to coat it first with. if you used spray paint to coat it with I would recommend getting some paint thinner and taking the spray enamel off, letting the hot glue armor piece dry then painting it with acyrillic.
I guess I'm going with acrylic then!
The reason why I was asking is because these parts will need to flex a bit, They're chest pieces and arm and leg pieces and I don't want any paint to chip off while I'm wearing it

You can also use lexan paint, they use it on R/C car bodies it will flex like crazy and will not chip, you can find it at most hobby shops, only problem is that its not cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back