painting my armor black

Status
Not open for further replies.

armygetin

Currently working on 2 sets of armor painting one white and one black , ive read all the tuts and weathering and painting , but still not sure how to get the detials to show when painting black . thought about silver in detail areas but then i think that wont look right . any ideas?

tipper

Jr Member
You could always try painting the armor a dark Grey or a very dark silver, and then put in the details with black.

Or, you could try a glossy coat for the raised areas, and a dark, not shiny coat for the depressed areas, that would bring out details.

Pictures should be helpful.

armygetin

might try that still want to weather armor was gonna use silver for that . wanted to use adams painting technic ,wasnt sure if it would work for black

Rocknrollcows

Jr Member
im sure a solid black wouldn't look good due to past experience.

try a dark Grey or like what Tipper said.

Adam's weathering technic should work o_O

well i was considering painting my Helm steel colored but was worried about details as well since i did Flying Squirells Pep Helm. But i did come accrost one good Spray paint that i have found in the automotive section of Fred Meyers and Wal-Mart that is usedto paint rims and it's a dark Steel with sparkle type stuff in it (like Automotive Paint) and it would work perfect for showing details still and would give you that perfect color to match Halo 2 or 3's "Steel" color. I hope this helped.

-J.W.

Status
Not open for further replies.