Painting my Foam Armor Pieces...Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harican89

Hey, ive 4 weeks left to finish the most of the painting of my armor.
ive started a foam / fiberglas build a few month ago and now its time to paint the armor pieces.

the fiberglasparts are easy ... but the foam gives me headache. i try to use polyester resin to seal the surface but the resin cracks easly after drying.
the colors (nitro based graffity cans) looks weird after using the PlastiDip spraycan...
is there a way to harden the foam? i know this isnt the perfect way to continue, but i dont want to spend the next 12 nights and days with pepping and fiberglas a whole new suit.

pls, give me some help and advises to harden my armor or give me the reason why the color cracks and / or looks weird.

:-/ tomorror i will post some pictures of my "test pieces" and show you the "result" ...

I believe that my local Ace carries some sort of Latex based spray paint, becauseI has similar issues with my first foam piece. You could try and find it nearyou but I think it was rather expensive on my end.

P.S. Beware the H2O one that did not work what so ever it sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the advise.
i researched a little more and i found a thread which talk about PVA (Polyvinylacetat).
does it crack also with multiple layers? i know that the flexibility of the foam armor will get lost but i want to finish this damn foam armor :D and for the future... iam happy with fiberglas -.-

does anyone of you have experiences with PVA and foam armor? does it dry on top of the surface or do the foam absorb the PVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back