Painting Supplies Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imMonkeyGOD

I'm almost done with the Bondo on my helmet.
- Jaw Piece Complete
- Nose Piece needs work :p I can never get it right.
- Back Piece is not close to completion :p
- Half of the top part is only partially done.

So in all its like 25% Done on the helmet but when I'm gonna do the other body parts with bondo, I am not going to put so much and work a bit faster on it :p

I only need to make Pepakura for the Lower Torso (Crotch), Legs, and Feet Pieces, basically the lower body parts.

I bet I can finish all of this with resin and fiberglass within a week, paint for a few days, then other stuff in another few days (Underarmor, Straps, Finishing Touches)

Now thats done, I can a few things to ask....
How do you paint?
As noobish as that sound I really have no experience on spray paint whatsoever :p Should I paint outside? What do you need to do when you paint, like paint two layers or something? Tell me everything you know in painting in a tutorial form plox. XD

Now, what paint supplies should I buy?
I don't want to buy the wrong things and I don't want to waste any money either...
If anyone saw Adam's Youtube Vid on painting. Here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYHA-VvBVY0
He shown a demonstration on doing the chest piece can everything he did be applied on the helmet too? If not, which supply should I not use on the helmet.
I want mine to look exactly the same thing so I'm gonna try to use the same supplies and ways so if anyone know what he used and how he did it in a written tutorial way it will be appreciated. Also, what color did he use? Is it like Italian Olive?

Thats it for now, I might post more questions.

imMonkeyGOD said:
I'm almost done with the Bondo on my helmet.
- Jaw Piece Complete
- Nose Piece needs work :p I can never get it right.
- Back Piece is not close to completion :p
- Half of the top part is only partially done.

So in all its like 25% Done on the helmet but when I'm gonna do the other body parts with bondo, I am not going to put so much and work a bit faster on it :p

I only need to make Pepakura for the Lower Torso (Crotch), Legs, and Feet Pieces, basically the lower body parts.

I bet I can finish all of this with resin and fiberglass within a week, paint for a few days, then other stuff in another few days (Underarmor, Straps, Finishing Touches)
Now thats done, I can a few things to ask....
How do you paint?
As noobish as that sound I really have no experience on spray paint whatsoever :p Should I paint outside? What do you need to do when you paint, like paint two layers or something? Tell me everything you know in painting in a tutorial form plox. XD

Now, what paint supplies should I buy?
I don't want to buy the wrong things and I don't want to waste any money either...
If anyone saw Adam's Youtube Vid on painting. Here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYHA-VvBVY0
He shown a demonstration on doing the chest piece can everything he did be applied on the helmet too? If not, which supply should I not use on the helmet.
I want mine to look exactly the same thing so I'm gonna try to use the same supplies and ways so if anyone know what he used and how he did it in a written tutorial way it will be appreciated. Also, what color did he use? Is it like Italian Olive?

Thats it for now, I might post more questions.
I think he used Oregano color in that video. To my understanding you should pretty much do exactly what he did in that video for your helmet. But of course, paint it before you put the visor in ><

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... I looked more carefully to the video.

Here what he used.

-Just Oleum Automobile Primer-Ultimate Finish. (Do I have to use this one? I have my own primer, it's DupliColor Filler Primer)
-American Accents Oregano (Thats all I saw but I could tell thats the spray paint :p)
-Just Oleum HAMMERED (Got no idea what that is, by the looks of the video, I think its makes a sort of texture and shiny :p

Well this is all I saw in the video, I guess I gotta hunt for these things next Saturday. Anyone know what retail I can find these stuff? Home Depot? Lowes? Walmart? I'd prefer Lowes since its so close :p

imMonkeyGOD said:

Here what he used.

-Just Oleum Automobile Primer-Ultimate Finish. (Do I have to use this one? I have my own primer, it's DupliColor Filler Primer)
-American Accents Oregano (Thats all I saw but I could tell thats the spray paint :p)
-Just Oleum HAMMERED (Got no idea what that is, by the looks of the video, I think its makes a sort of texture and shiny :p

Well this is all I saw in the video, I guess I gotta hunt for these things next Saturday. Anyone know what retail I can find these stuff? Home Depot? Lowes? Walmart? I'd prefer Lowes since its so close :p
Yeah, the Hammered one is a Textured paint.

imMonkeyGOD said:

Here what he used.

Its Rustoleum. Just fyi.

I would suggest that you try out a few different paint techniques (make up your own?) on some seperate piece of material. Probably just make a fiberglass sheet and test out all of the paints and how they react on it? I would guess that this would save you some mistakes and pride :tutu:

Darthcalibar said:
Its Rustoleum. Just fyi.
Thanks, saved me from thinking no one has something called Justoleum :p

Also, does anyone have any good ebay links for the visor I have to order now or it will come in too late :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back