Papercraft imperfections

Status
Not open for further replies.

robt126

Let me say this is my first serious papercraft build. I've had to change things around some places to get this far. But now I'm seeing some imperfections in my paper build and I'm probably being paranoid. Are these going to be obvious after getting pass the bondo and sanding stage or will they be effectively covered up in the process? I'd rather know now if I should stop and start over.

Any input at this point would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o1_1280.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 188
  • tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o3_1280.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 190
  • tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o4_1280.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 195
  • tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nprsxmih1Z1s4uuq7o5_1280.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 201
Well as long as the imperfections aren't extreme (i.e. The helmet is lop-sided or something) you should be able to fix the imperfections using bondo, that is if you do it right. Thats mainly what the bondo stage is for, it allows you to build up, fill in or sand any details that need to be fixed

I've honestly seen worse. Your card looks to be a little on the flimsy side, but I can't really judge that accurately. Otherwise, the best advice I have for you is to make absolutely sure that your edges are all neatly aligned when you're assembling, and use a glue that gives you a little bit of work time to reposition things.

Otherwise - as long as there's no major structural issues (warping, etc), it should all be worked out in the hardening/bondo stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back