Papercraft Reinforcement techniques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Gilneas

Hi guys, Lord of Gilneas here and I have a relatively important question (important for papercraft cosplays anyways).

1. How effective is Wood Glue as a reinforcement technique? And also, what other kind of reinforcement techniques are there? I've heard of fiberglass resin and bondo for reinforcing but what other options are there?

And also, how does one make papercraft weapons? and where can I find a papercraft blueprint for a lasgun? I've only found one for a tiny (it's pistol size practically) Lasgun. Also, it doesn't have to be the cadian kind (ya know, the generic lasgun shown in pics) like the triple pattern lasgun, or the hellgun. Stuff like that.

It's not necessary, as I'm aiming to cosplay as Altair (from assassin's creed) for oni-con.

Thanks for any help :cool

Sooo, wood glue is essentially PVA glue, or polyvinyl acetate, and is the same as white glue. Id imagine that trying to reinforce paper with it would be extremely brittle, and ultimately ineffective. If you can prove me wrong, i would be happy to see another method in play, but i am doubtful:eek

lol k then, what other methods are there? should I ditch papercraft and instead go for foam? I'm hesitant on fiberglass for health reasons, and cus it's pricy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back