Props Paradoxdj Is Making A Battle Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks man, i'v been slowly adding minor details as i find them on the reference pictures, but i won't be able to really go any farther then cardboard as calgary is so cold and horrible that resining won't be able to get done until the summer :cautious:
but i'll manage, i'll contine and start on some more projects to keep me busy in the meantime.

Update!

after I let this sit on my shelf for sooo long i decided to start up on it again. with my new suit done and halloween just around the corner i'm gonna try and get this finished.

here's my latest video update

within the next 17 days there will be a few updates and hopefully a nice finished battle rifle!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thats really something, great work on your BR! I was actually wondering what a sliced model was, well now I know hehe 17 days till we see a new BR yay! So far it's looking really nice. I'm wondering how great this will actually be. Good luck!

thanks man, this is the base sliced file (which is great) with a couple modifications added, like the holes in the top, the rounded handle and front rest( whatever that's actually called), i cut a bit out of the sides aswell and added a slope to the very back part. all the details are described in the previous updates on my channel.

update!

with a few days until my schools halloween, i'm still not sure if i'll even be allowed to carry it around with me but i'll try, i have the br almost done.

unfortunately i didn't get all the bondo work done on it that i would have wanted, i only got one run through of bondo. but with the 1 time it still looks pretty nice. judge for yourself and tell me what you think.

the painting has actually already started and will be finished tomorrow night. there will also be a final update tomorrow so keep a look out.

FINAL UPDATE!

here it is. I'm sorry for posting this update 2 days later then i said i would but i got a bit busy.

it was a hit alongside my armor when i wore it to my schools halloween day this friday. take a look for yourself and tell me what you think about it. (there two pictures at the end of the video of me in my armor with the gun)

HEy hey! it turned out good man! quick question though- How did you go about gluing the slices together? Probably not hot glue right? And do you have to clamp it? Because i have cut out all the slices for the odst pistol (except out of foam board) and i don't really know where to go from here...

Thanks! :)

To answer you question I actually did glue it all together with hot glue. I didn't have to clamp it, I just held it until I felt the hot glue had dried enough. After wards I cleaned up the edges by putting sheets of paper over top then blended the paper to everything with bondo after the resin went on. You can even glue the foam board pieces on with hot glue, I'v tested it out with my own build of the odst pistol and it went together wonderfully.
Hope I helped.

To answer you question I actually did glue it all together with hot glue. I didn't have to clamp it, I just held it until I felt the hot glue had dried enough. After wards I cleaned up the edges by putting sheets of paper over top then blended the paper to everything with bondo after the resin went on. You can even glue the foam board pieces on with hot glue, I'v tested it out with my own build of the odst pistol and it went together wonderfully.
Hope I helped.

hey yah that did help a lot! thanks!
And you also answered another one of my questions that i just thought of which was about resining it. :p
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back