Pelican Papercraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has time, I wouldnt mind constructing a full size pelican. I have 3 months at the end of this year or two mid year and would put a few thousand $$ towards it

You're kidding... right? o_O

A full-sized, as in 1-to-1 scale, Pelican dropship? I hope you realize how big that would be; if I recall correctly, the real-world aircraft would be somewhere around thirty meters in length.

It'd be awfully difficult to find a place to display it, much less store it. Not the sort of thing you can simply put in your backyard.

Then there's the cost of materials and hours spent on such a build, as well as the logistics of getting together a group of board members in the same place to construct it over the course of X number of months.

I admit it would be a very kewl thing to have, but I honestly don't think there's really anyone here that would be able to devote the sort of time, effort and resources to a project of that magnitude.

Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, but it's not really a feasible idea. I commend you for your creativity and thinking "outside the box", but it's just not plausible...

SPARTAN II said:
You're kidding... right? o_O

A full-sized, as in 1-to-1 scale, Pelican dropship? I hope you realize how big that would be; if I recall correctly, the real-world aircraft would be somewhere around thirty meters in length.

It'd be awfully difficult to find a place to display it, much less store it. Not the sort of thing you can simply put in your backyard.

Then there's the cost of materials and hours spent on such a build, as well as the logistics of getting together a group of board members in the same place to construct it over the course of X number of months.

I admit it would be a very kewl thing to have, but I honestly don't think there's really anyone here that would be able to devote the sort of time, effort and resources to a project of that magnitude.

Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, but it's not really a feasible idea. I commend you for your creativity and thinking "outside the box", but it's just not plausible...

that would easily be a project. you would have to hire someone who makes custom cars alot (think Chip Fuse), so his builds are normally about 300k.... then quadruple the size. even a nonworking pelican would cost atleast that much. and it wouldnt even be usable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not usable, but very cool... put it on a P-ball range, have a Halo theme comp. Use the Laser Tag style weapons... and the cash would roll in.... Mod. some four wheelers as mongoose... man the ideas could be endless... but expensive.

Extremely expensive, and that's mainly the reason I inferred that it wouldn't really be feasible. No one has that sort of extra cash just lying around.

It would take a helluva lot of members, each contributing a couple thousand dollars (using Shorion's available finances as a guideline) in order to make it possible.

Even if we're not looking at gathering a bunch of people together for something like this, as Shorion's post suggested, and instead just commission one person or a group of professionals to do it, it's a bit of a stretch to expect many people would be able to contribute any significant finances to it.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but we have also have to be realistic about such an idea. A project of this magnitude would require far more in the way of time and resources than many of us could ever afford... :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back