people who went to the gamestop afterhours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my hopes up. I was thinking big unveil of something but it was just that pro guy yappin the whole time one how to pwn noobs. anywho... I stayed until It was time to leave. there were about 5 people still their for the drawing on who won the legendary at our store. :( none of us won. Well I also tried for the life size statue. I doubt I'll win but if i do I'll let any 405ther make casts. who else is with me?

I went, and it was ok. The managers at my local gamestop are fun, and even though the video wasn't that great, they were still fun to talk to. There were only three people at mine, so I had a one in three chance of winning a free legendary. I lost. Lol :D Just my luck. But it's alright. I was thinking the same thing, if a 405th member won the statue, we could mold it like the "Muckle" statue. At least, maybe. I'm not sure how that whole deal went down as I wasn't here yet, but I think because you own the statue, you can technically do whatever you want with it.

Goosebot went, and wound up winning the legendary edition! I totally forgot all about it, and before i knew it, it was 11:00!

I went, and I won a copy of the legendary edition. They actually drew 2 other people before me, but they both left early...and I don't blame them. I was only able to stand a certain amount of the video myself, and then I felt very very fortunate that my gamestop is inside of a Barnes and Noble bookstore, so I was able to go do something more entertaining for the next hour.

It was the worst waste of a Halo fans time I've ever seen.. If there's anyone out there who's worried that they might have missed out, don't be. Be glad you can still go to gamestop without thinking of this mess. Here were the "tips" the guy on the video gave.

1. Grab the rocket launcher first chance you get
2. Don't shoot a rocket at another guy, shoot at the ground or a structure near him.
3. N00b combo (plasma pistol, DMR)
4. Hide and camp

Really dude? These are basic strategies that ANYONE who's played Halo for more than a week knows. Oh yeah, and no new footage of the game either. Really, if I hadn't won the legendary edition, I probably would have been on here railing against this debacle the other night.

yeah, i won our stores legendary copy! had a trunk full of helmets and guns too! im glad i didnt get pulled over.

and i HATED having to wait thru those videos.im with you guys, i thought it was going to be something special or a simulcast or something. but instead i learn about grenade jumping. welcome to 2001 t-squared. did anyone else have confirmation on what statue they were giving away? i heard there were 5 statues total to win, and our stores info said Noble 5. did anyone else hear any others listed? or will they all be the same?

I went. Everybody at my gamestop played Halo 3 for a while to pass the time. I Almost won the legendary.
It was actually fun for me.

yeah, i won our stores legendary copy! had a trunk full of helmets and guns too! im glad i didnt get pulled over.

and i HATED having to wait thru those videos.im with you guys, i thought it was going to be something special or a simulcast or something. but instead i learn about grenade jumping. welcome to 2001 t-squared. did anyone else have confirmation on what statue they were giving away? i heard there were 5 statues total to win, and our stores info said Noble 5. did anyone else hear any others listed? or will they all be the same?

From what i've gathered, They're giving away each characters statue.

As for the statues... they where life sized and every one was put into a giant raffle. I think that there where only 5 total through the US. I am not sure of that though. It sounded like one per store but I doubt that. To much time and effort to make that many.

It was fun all in all. Got to play against some other people there and got stomped on. I realized that I have to go back and play some HALO 3 to even think about competing. I received chips and soda for free at my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back