Pep and First Foam Project

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Leiutenant Jaku, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Leiutenant Jaku

Leiutenant Jaku Jr Member

1511113865063-1194321858.jpg Parts arrived today unfortunately the visor is rainbow rather than gold as the listing pictured. Got lights for helmet but I have to pick up a new soldering iron or fix my old one. Hoping in the next few days I will get back on track.

Any suggestions on what I should do with the rainbow visor?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. Leiutenant Jaku

So I finally got the painters caulking as Dirtdives suggested hopefully I will get a bit of work tomorrow and a lot of work on the weekend.
    next update will most likely be saturday

3. Leiutenant Jaku

does anyone by chance have tips on cutting and fitting visors?

4. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Hi Leiutenant Jaku and great job so far!

For visors I would recommend laying masking tape on both the front and back to cover the entire piece to reduce any chance of scratching. This will also let you marker any lines you may want to cut. Then to cut I would use a dremmel with a double reinforced cut-off wheel. For fitting use prong T-nuts, that seems to be the best route. I'll try to find a video for you.

You may want to check out these tutorials I've compiled for other parts of the build process.

*edit: Yeah, the tutorial for cutting and fitting the visor was already in the index under the visor section. Here is a quick link.

5. Leiutenant Jaku

thanks i'll be sure to use some of these, but my dremel has a bit stuck in it and before that the previous blade was stuck in it, is this a common problem with an easy fix, or should I use a different tool?

6. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Never tighten the dremel tool bit if the bit's shank is all the way down in the dremel. You want some of the shank exposed because the way you get the tool out is by loosening the collet and then push the tool deeper into the grinder. This will "knock" it free.

Hard to explain in words, let me know if you'd like me to reword. I bet there's a video out there.

7. Leiutenant Jaku

thanks I will try this :)

8. Leiutenant Jaku

unfortunately, it looks like I have to take a step backward. fiberglass has started falling out of my helmet. and it is too cold to redo it right now
    in the meantime, I am working on a custom pistol/sniper based on a mix of things. I will upload the EVA template soon

9. Leiutenant Jaku

KIMG0329.JPG KIMG0323.JPG KIMG0328.JPG KIMG0327.JPG KIMG0322.JPG KIMG0324.JPG KIMG0325.JPG KIMG0326.JPG
    here are progress pics.
    templates should be below

Attached Files:

10. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Great sketch work. Good luck on the rest of the build.

11. Leiutenant Jaku

More progress on back half of the gun. Unfortunately I don't have any same type bottle caps to use for nobs. KIMG0386.JPG KIMG0389.JPG KIMG0392.JPG KIMG0395.JPG KIMG0396.JPG KIMG0399.JPG
    From
    KIMG0393.JPG
    To
    KIMG0400.JPG

KIMG0401.JPG