Pep and First Foam Project

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Leiutenant Jaku, Nov 14, 2017.

1. I did replace the blade while cutting the sides because the previous blade exploded in my face, luckily I was not hit.
    So hopefully now I will have some better cuts.
    Dirtdives likes this.
  2. PerniciousDuke

In the little foam work I've done I noticed the blade stopped making smooth cuts after about 12". A little sharpening stone would be a fine investment.

I love the covenant sniping pad as a cat roost. However I'd stick to particle board and carpet. The reason is with animals you don't want to encourage them to do behavior you wouldn't like. They're not scratching up your finished foam, but you give them foam scratching pad you're basically telling them it's ok to claw up any foam they see.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Dirtdives and Leiutenant Jaku like this.
  3. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Or look into a rotary tool with an 80 grit flap wheel. You can pick up a cheapo kit for $40 usually with x number of random discs and drums and if treated right the tool will last you a couple years. Mine lasted 3 years until I was dumb and dropped it off the workbench, then I bought a good one!
    Dirtdives and Leiutenant Jaku like this.
  4. I guess you are right, so I need to think about what material to use.
    I have one, but I can't get the bit out, I'll probably try to get it out again soon
    Dirtdives and PerniciousDuke like this.
  5. TurboCharizard

Time to get the vise grips out and tear the collet apart!
  6. Dirtdives

a little spritz of WD40 might help also.....with the vise grips.
    Leiutenant Jaku likes this.
  7. Got my Dremel fixed. I have started sanding the corners of the chestplate.
    Also officially started the cat scratcher project.
    KIMG1011.JPG KIMG1008.JPG KIMG1007.JPG
    so far made with Pizza cardboard tray and foam mat ends (what else was I going to use them for). This will eventually be sandwiched between wood and become the bottom base.
    Here's a look at the old cat scratcher...
    KIMG1024.JPG I'm afraid I may need something stronger than just carpet PerniciousDuke :)

Also, Happy PI Day!!! May many unhealthy but delicious circles be with you.
  8. unfortunately no update to give (it's not that i'm not making progress, it's just not very interesting).
    I do however have a question, what type of knife sharpener should I buy?
    also I doubt I will make anything new for a bit after the chest piece because my computers ethernet port broke :(

Edit: I actually do have an interesting update, I got myself a present :)
    KIMG1043.JPG KIMG1044.JPG
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018 at 6:40 PM
    TurboCharizard likes this.
  9. PaiganBoi

There are lots of different types of sharpener out there. I went and bought one that EvilTed uses in his YouTube vids. Bought on Amazon.
    Leiutenant Jaku likes this.
  10. TurboCharizard

Leiutenant Jaku that looks like a mighty fine present! Always remember the safety specs!

I use the one from my old knife block that doesn't match the new knife set :p
    Leiutenant Jaku and PaiganBoi like this.