Pep MKVI Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossfire

Heres my progress on my DF4L's smooth model
I used Frost's hot glue idea on the inside and i am planning on using bondo spot putty on the outside.
Instead of coating the entire inside w/ hot glue, I glued in small pieces of cardboard and filled hot glue into the empty spots using a hot glue gun and soldering gun.
PEPHELM1.jpg

PEPHELM2.jpg

PEPHELM3.jpg

Jaw view
PEPHELM4.jpg

Wow...that is actually nice!!

BTW, what model of DF4L's is that?? I am missing that front part of mouthpiece, and the model I have now, doesn't?!!?!?!?! Nice though..makes me jealous!!

Its pretty strong. only part that moves is the part that connects the jaw to the upper head and you have to force it to move.
i used DF4L's version 2 smooth model. its the most recent one

HA! You'se all tot frost wus crazy, but whos craaaaazzy NOW!

I was right, my method does work, no one has posted pics of it until now, but others have done it.

+1 point for frost for making this method ;p

Actually my method was to brush the entire inside with a thick layer, but you added cardboard too.....meh, still my method ;p

AoBfrost said:
HA! You'se all tot frost wus crazy, but whos craaaaazzy NOW!

I was right, my method does work, no one has posted pics of it until now, but others have done it.

+1 point for frost for making this method ;p

Actually my method was to brush the entire inside with a thick layer, but you added cardboard too.....meh, still my method ;p
I didn't think you were crazy. I've been refering everyone who can't use resin and fiberglass to your post. Good to see it works. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Only reason I wont try it myself is because it's winter time and 20 degress outside, I like working in the garage, but hot glue would just solidify because of the cold.

the soldering gun helped me keep the glue in the liquid state.
The cardboard helps support the entire helmet and cuts down the amount of hot glue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back