Pepakura Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeTheSnake

For future reference, how do you keep the lumps and strings of hot glue and such off the outside of a piece? I always see weapons and armor assembled without any hot glue at all showing on the outside.

I usually either don't use a lot of hot glue, or just pull the strings off. They usually come off pretty easily.

If you get lumps, anything smaller than about a thumbtack should just pull off after drying, if bigger, than you might just try to wipe as much as you can off after putting the glue gun on it. The glue gun should make it semi-liquidy again and you should be able to get it off with only a little mess.

You scrape it off from the edge and use reallly realllllllly hot glue.

Glue not at it's highest temp will always be stringer, glues much hotter and scraped against the edge of the piece will be ok.

Or use Elmers glue, I do sometimes.

JakeTheSnake said:
For future reference, how do you keep the lumps and strings of hot glue and such off the outside of a piece? I always see weapons and armor assembled without any hot glue at all showing on the outside.

ive heard some people put their armor or whatever they are making in a freezer. Then after a while the glue gets brittle and you can take it off easily.

ive also heard that "methyl hydrate" takes it off easily and can be found at home depot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mess up a piece with super glue, you will need to rip the cardstock and weaken it, but if you use hot glue or elmers glue, you can always carefully pry it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back