Pepakura MK V Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyleopard

Hello all! First post in this forum and first Halo build.

I'm much more familiar with dressmaking, but I jumped in the deep end of this whole armor thing by making a helmet first. It's more of a tester piece to experiment with the medium so that I don't have as much trial and error with my final build, but I think it's coming along okay.

I haven't gotten farther than the gluing it together phase yet (it's not held together by the tape in the second picture don't worry). But one issue I've ran into already is that the profile looks fine, but from the front it definitely looks warped to one side. Is there a way to fix it now or should I just keep going with the build?

I'm definitely a newbie at this, so any tips are really appreciated.

I also noticed the warping at the front. I can't see anything in the pictures that would cause that, though. It may be that some of your tabs are not quite aligned properly on one side, and that's throwing the whole thing out of whack. Warping that severe usually means a big- ticket item is off, but I only see one tab that is out of place, and even that shouldn't be throwing you off that bad...

What are you using for glue? Are you kidding any pieces/ any pieces upside down?

Other than the warp, though, that is some pretty fancy pep work, especially for your first time, I'm impressed!

EDIT: I like your reading choices.

I also noticed the warping at the front. I can't see anything in the pictures that would cause that, though. It may be that some of your tabs are not quite aligned properly on one side, and that's throwing the whole thing out of whack. Warping that severe usually means a big- ticket item is off, but I only see one tab that is out of place, and even that shouldn't be throwing you off that bad...

What are you using for glue? Are you kidding any pieces/ any pieces upside down?

Other than the warp, though, that is some pretty fancy pep work, especially for your first time, I'm impressed!

EDIT: I like your reading choices.

I started with the center front and got more used to things as I worked my way around and up, so it's highly likely I mixed some pieces up somewhere, I'll look at the tab numbers again. I'm using a pva glue leftover from an old project and now that I think about it it's definitely not the strongest thing in the world. I might go back and reinforce some of the curves and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back