pepakura question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentri

I don't know if this can be done or not, but is there any way to 'stretch' in pepakura? I'm custom making the pilot chest plate, using the ODST as a base. Thing is, when i made it, it seemed too short. I want to increase the height, but not width.

For pepakura it can't be done. The reason for that is because if you input a number in either box, whether it be height, width, or depth, the pepakura program automatically adjusts the other 2 boxes. Basically it scales the model as a whole. Although, what your trying to accomplish can be done in a modeler, but your limited to scale the model based on the three axis that are available which would be x,y, and z. But to further manipulate the scaling you can rotate the model. The only problem with doing this, when it comes to scaling the model on a certain axis,(essentially stretching the model) it will cause some distortion to the model, depending upon how much you stretch it.

Another thing to, is you will need to redo the unfold of the model.

I might see if I can just scale it larger and trim the access off the ends.

hey there chaos,

I am not sure if you would want to try this or not (because it is rather tedious and takes a bit of work to acomplish) but something that I did with several pieces of my armor.

was to:

scaling for the most important size (chest = shoulders, shins/thighs = height, and so on)

but due to my physique i had to make many hand folded post pep modifications (adding height, shrinking widths and so fourth)

it does take some effort but if you already have a piece finished it might be doable to try adding in the extra space somewhere by hand before scraping it entirely.

it is just a thought that I felt might be useful.

keep on keeping on!

That would definitely work also. I know it sucks having to re-pep a part, but it happens.

Heh, I already know about that. I've redone the shoulder/back armor 3 times now.

hey there chaos,

I am not sure if you would want to try this or not (because it is rather tedious and takes a bit of work to acomplish) but something that I did with several pieces of my armor.

was to:

scaling for the most important size (chest = shoulders, shins/thighs = height, and so on)

but due to my physique i had to make many hand folded post pep modifications (adding height, shrinking widths and so fourth)

it does take some effort but if you already have a piece finished it might be doable to try adding in the extra space somewhere by hand before scraping it entirely.

it is just a thought that I felt might be useful.

keep on keeping on!

Thanks for the tips! I can't actually measure based off the shoulders since I'm kinda mashing pieces together. The shoulders are the Marine armor which is complete, and I need to figure out just the chest plate itself.

I will still be sure to use your suggestions when it comes to making the other pieces like the shins and boots and whatnot! I'm still a noob to all this as it is my first armor set so any advice is welcome.

There is a program out that does let you scale in just one direction. It is in beta still, but you can find it on Facebook. Look for the group Armorsmith, or google Armorsmith designer. When the bugs are taken out of Armorsmith it will likely make Pepakura a much less used program. It will be great in our arsenal of tools for prop and costume design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back