Pepakura Texturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rundown

Sr Member
Well as you may know i make pepakura files. but when i go to the pepakura gallery i see peps with texture on it??
so my question is really simpel. how do i texture it?? does it needs to be with the import of the 3d file or does it needs to be textured in pepakura itself or something??

Since I know nothing about 3d models, I am probably completely wrong but I think it has to be with the model when imported.

Hmm... There's a few Q&A Team members that might be able to helpyou.... but I don't know if this is a Pepakura thing or a Modeling thing.... Try asking RvB4life or Kensai111

Textures in pep are... odd. Like tlither said, I'm almost positive that it has to be textured before you import it, but the newest version of Pepakura, 3, has some new things in it. Having a model with a texture on it are generally used with Pepakura 'Viewer', not Designer, which is what we use. When scaling a model with a texture, things can go wrong, and turn out distorted, and warped. Most of the time when textures are used with pep, it's for smaller projects.

...but... This does remind me of a Master Chief costume I saw a long time ago.. It looked like he used pep, but they were textured.. It was pretty cool. I don't remember where I saw it, but if anyone has a link, that would be great.

You would need a 'very' High-Res texture for it to look good.

gamerguy55 said:
Textures in pep are... odd. Like tlither said, I'm almost positive that it has to be textured before you import it, but the newest version of Pepakura, 3, has some new things in it. Having a model with a texture on it are generally used with Pepakura 'Viewer', not Designer, which is what we use. When scaling a model with a texture, things can go wrong, and turn out distorted, and warped. Most of the time when textures are used with pep, it's for smaller projects.

...but... This does remind me of a Master Chief costume I saw a long time ago.. It looked like he used pep, but they were textured.. It was pretty cool. I don't remember where I saw it, but if anyone has a link, that would be great.

You would need a 'very' High-Res texture for it to look good.

who sais i want it for something big :p i just wanto know howto do it cous i'm gonna make some pep project for school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back