Pepakura wonders inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlue

Well-Known Member
:shock:


Pepakura Warthogs?


WTF???!!


I might try this...

If I knew how to open it in Pep :roll: .
 

SPARTAN 094

Active Member
TheBlue said:
:shock:


Pepakura Warthogs?


WTF???!!


I might try this...

If I knew how to open it in Pep :roll: .
Download the file make sure you have winrar and open file then open the second filie inside of the file you downloaded then find warthog then drag it to your desired location then open perka and go to the location to draged the file and open it
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WookieLord

Jr Member
yeah i tried to make a pep scorpion, but the problem you'll run into is intersecting objects - cos they are made to animate, each thing that you see moving in the game (ie wheels bounce, etc) will have a bit that goes into the body of the warthog. Pep really doesnt like these, and its an extremely length process involving a piece of paper and mind-numbing amounts of clicking to simplify the model and cut down the intersecting objects. However, it may just be the ones on turbosquid and not the ones on Halocemaps, i havent looked at them, and if you do make a warthog, i'd be extremely happy, and would probably make 2. I did even briefly experiment with the idea of a pep Halo, but unless you have it about 10 metRES in diameter the thickness is less than the two bits of paper.
What would be slightly more achievable is a pep Pillar of Autumn, which i would have tried by now but its on there but in .max form. its non-animated and the geometry is fairly regular, so even if there are intersecting objects it shouldnt be a huge problem rectifying it.
EDIT: btw does anyone have the necessary thingy to convert .max to .3ds? cos i'd be highly keen to get going at that Pillar of Autumn. +, ive got a load of properly textured vehicles, including stuff like the wraith, pelican & banshee in .max format, which wings 3d wont import...
 

dvt103

New Member
WookieLord said:
yeah i tried to make a pep scorpion, but the problem you'll run into is intersecting objects - cos they are made to animate, each thing that you see moving in the game (ie wheels bounce, etc) will have a bit that goes into the body of the warthog. Pep really doesnt like these, and its an extremely length process involving a piece of paper and mind-numbing amounts of clicking to simplify the model and cut down the intersecting objects. However, it may just be the ones on turbosquid and not the ones on Halocemaps, i havent looked at them, and if you do make a warthog, i'd be extremely happy, and would probably make 2. I did even briefly experiment with the idea of a pep Halo, but unless you have it about 10 metRES in diameter the thickness is less than the two bits of paper.
What would be slightly more achievable is a pep Pillar of Autumn, which i would have tried by now but its on there but in .max form. its non-animated and the geometry is fairly regular, so even if there are intersecting objects it shouldnt be a huge problem rectifying it.
EDIT: btw does anyone have the necessary thingy to convert .max to .3ds? cos i'd be highly keen to get going at that Pillar of Autumn. +, ive got a load of properly textured vehicles, including stuff like the wraith, pelican & banshee in .max format, which wings 3d wont import...

How dose anybody make these things cause if you even make the edge ID numbers to a font of
3 the numbers are still clustered
 
Last edited by a moderator:

papamurf812

Well-Known Member
dvt103 said:
How dose anybody make these things cause if you even make the edge ID numbers to a font of
3 the numbers are still clustered
You have to scale it up to use it. They look so small because by default the whole thing is scaled to fit on one sheet of paper
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dallis

Member
papamurf812 said:
You have to scale it up to use it. They look so small because by default the whole thing is scaled to fit on one sheet of paper



Well i mean come on ....why make a lil warthog when you could make a full size pepakura warthot and then fibreglass the whole damned thing a hundred times and make a working car ;) haha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
these are jsut 3d models. you have to do tons of simplifying if you want these to work in pepakura, i just finished the main parts to the warthog, the day before i found this site. it still has a few flaws, but im trying to fix it..

body..here
wheels and struts.. here
the rest.. here
(this is the one that needs work,, on the window, and i forgot to put the vent back on too, but just to show you guys..)

now that i have all these wonderful 3d files, i can get to the magic i know and love... lets make these sons of bi.. *self edit* into papercrafts!!!!


--------------------

dvt103 said:
How dose anybody make these things cause if you even make the edge ID numbers to a font of
3 the numbers are still clustered

i have posted this already before,, after the 3d file is PROPERLY opened in pepakura, you can use the right click feature "Join/Disjoin Face" it will show you where the piece connects to when you hover over the gluetabs on the 2d side
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
dannifood4less said:
these are jsut 3d models. you have to do tons of simplifying if you want these to work in pepakura, i just finished the main parts to the warthog, the day before i found this site. it still has a few flaws, but im trying to fix it..

body..here
wheels and struts.. here
the rest.. here
(this is the one that needs work,, on the window, and i forgot to put the vent back on too, but just to show you guys..)

now that i have all these wonderful 3d files, i can get to the magic i know and love... lets make these sons of bi.. *self edit* into papercrafts!!!!
--------------------
i have posted this already before,, after the 3d file is PROPERLY opened in pepakura, you can use the right click feature "Join/Disjoin Face" it will show you where the piece connects to when you hover over the gluetabs on the 2d side
Wetas gona get owned then i will make my own warthog body mwuhahhahaha. Jking i dwloaded them all i am making a br right now :whistle:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Leadingspartan said:
Wetas gona get owned then i will make my own warthog body mwuhahhahaha. Jking i dwloaded them all i am making a br right now :whistle:
its scaled to be around 5 inches tall. (23 pages) the messed up pieces can easily be fixed/fabricated if you know what your doing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
dannifood4less said:
its scaled to be around 5 inches tall. (23 pages) the messed up pieces can easily be fixed/fabricated if you know what your doing.
yes i know what im doing expect pics by thursday my time (sunday now) (acually saturday night my friends and me are having a party.)

edit: and some people say pepakura sucks see what they say when i whip up my br.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cha*man said:
I had the same thought a couple days ago and was wondering whether someone had posted the idea
im also finishing up the Covanant Elite armor, im making a wearable version of that as well. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top