Pepakure Gaming Pod For Serious Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. ALTHOUGH, the surface area isn't very large (i assume, correct me if I'm wrong!) so why spend so much on a projector? Maybe an LCD on one of those mountable swinging brackets? That would be so cool :D When you close the lid the screen slides out on tracks and mounts just ahead of you at your feet!

Now you need a conveyor belt that feeds directly from a fridge:)

thought about the mini fridge idea to and guess what it's going in instructibles tells you how to make a usb powered can cooler and I think I am going to scale it up to fit six cans in like a vending machine way where they dont take up surface area but rathe lay in a line under the seat or something since it will have a.c. I was thinking maybe I could vent some of the ac into the fridge even who knows. But I do know I drink about a six pack of soda a day lmao.

Another thing I thought about doing which may even get the nay sayers to jump on board with their ideas is instead of using a tower, putting a box like compartment in the top and mounting the motherboard there with ventilation and l.e.d.s and the nine yards that go with modded comps and it will be my lighting system as well as showing off my hardware.

I'm going to take a stab at this and say that the Vam-Pod is for PC gaming? :D

That WOULD be sweet! I've never really been one for PC gaming cuz i've never had a good/cool enough rig, but I think that integrating the hardware INTO the pod itself is genius! Maybe on sliding racks for easy access? And using the AC unit might be a tad bit difficult i think...you have to keep in mind that it radiates crazy heat out the back. A USB cooler would be cool though (PLEASE excuse the pun...its awful)

the a.c. unit is simple it will go in the back under the seat area with the back vented for air flow I will be making an adaptor for the front of the unit for the switches to reach just under my leg and another adapter for the air flow to push it through small hoses kinda like half the size of dryer hose to certain locations in the pod to keep it cool evenly all over the pod. My hardware is great hardware and yes I am more into p.c. gaming then anything else hence the reason I haven't played halo 3 yet. My current specs are

q6600 quad core processor
dual nvidia GeForce 9800GT running sli
7.1 surround sound audio
4 gigs of ram
750 gigs of hard drive (about to buy 2 terabyte drive seeing how I can't keep enough space)
killer n.i.c. card (even though I have dial up I do go to my buddies computer shop and do l.a.n. parties about once a month)
crappy case only an antec
950w power supply
4 50mm fans
6 blue l.e.d. lights

p.c. gaming just gives me more option I can do more and have alot of the same games available that xbox and ps3 are coming out with.

My current games I am playing now are Spiderman Web Of Shadows and Call Of duty 4

Darkfire said:
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. ALTHOUGH, the surface area isn't very large (i assume, correct me if I'm wrong!) so why spend so much on a projector? Maybe an LCD on one of those mountable swinging brackets? That would be so cool :D When you close the lid the screen slides out on tracks and mounts just ahead of you at your feet!

Now you need a conveyor belt that feeds directly from a fridge:)

they do manufacture LCD paint that you can actually paint onto a surface to create an LCD screen. My CAD teacher was telling our class about this particular situation where a few friends of his were able to make a huge LCD display as big as one of the walls in their house simply by painting the entire wall with this stuff. I'll ask him again how they did it tomorrow and get back to you on how you may be able to transfer the inside canopy of your pod. I believe it involves some sort of projection technology. I think that the Hammacher & Schlemmer company uses a similar method for their hemispherical monitors.

bigmon.jpg

Of course these monitors cost $20,594.95 + $650 freight shipping. If you do it yourself it should cost considerably less. To give you an idea of how long the LCD paint will continue to react, someone did a project that they painted with this stuff back in the mid 90s and they said on the paint can that it would only react for about 5 years tops. The piece still changes color today in direct correlation to the temperature of the air in the display case, though it's not quite as bright as it once was 10 years ago.

EDIT: The Alsa Corporation is the only company that I could find that makes reactive paints. Alsa Corp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkfire said:
There are gaming projectors that can prevent this from happening. Costs probably the same as a regular one.

Are you planning to put the projector INSIDE the pod to project onto some sort of canvas at the front of the whole pod?

Last i knew thay didn't do gaming projectors so thx for the update.

That paint on lcd screen stuff sounds sweet. (someone should try that for the HUD inside the visors.

I'm quite familiar with alsa corp I sell and use alot of their paints and films in my stereo business I really love the heat sensitive stuff that changes color when touched or heated up

Well I guess after two days of no one responding that no one would like to help me do a model and unfold on this project so it looks like I am on my own but don't you worry true believers, as it is written it shall be done. lmao

Vampyredh said:
Well I guess after two days of no one responding that no one would like to help me do a model and unfold on this project so it looks like I am on my own but don't you worry true believers, as it is written it shall be done. lmao

If I could, I would happily unfold it. But that stuff is unknown to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back