Permutations Vs Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Of Intent

I'm currently in the mental planning stage of making a full armour set, and I want it to be a unique build, but not so much as to look like a jumble of pieces.

My initial plan was to use a combination of JFO or Pilot helmet, with the Collar/Breacher torso and either the CQC, Commando, or ODST shoulders from Reach, or the Hayabusa shoulders from Halo 3. If I gave them all the same coulour scheme, then at least the colours wouldn't clash, but I dont know if the style would look good.

So, in short: For a new armour build, would look better for me to use my favourite permutations on a single build, or replicate a complete character's armour from the Halo series? All opinions appreciated!

Personally, I think its better to do a custom build, that way you have something that is totally yours. There is a Reach armor generator, so you can get an idea what your spartan will look like.

Also, start with easy pieces, like a shoulder. Never do your helmet first.

I prefer canon builds. - Two answers and so much contradiction already.. so there you have it: Build what YOU like :-D

I have to agree with the others, you should build your own custom armor, there are several builds on the forums that use armor from diffrent characters and versions of Halo and they look cool I say go for it

Go for your own. Lol, most of the people on this site build either Master Chief, or Noble team for their Spartans. (Not all, I've seen a growing number of people doing their personal Spartan from Halo 3 or Halo Reach. I'd never do a face character from any type of game. I'd only build what my ODSTSpartan wears because he's supposed to be me.

My armour costume will be mainly custom built, but that's not to say it isn't going to be a character from Reach XD (And I'm not talking about Noble 6). Mine is going to be heavily based on the armoury example guy (JFO with first upgrade, Commander right dhoulder, EVA left, Breacher collar, Blue GPS, etc). I'm keepin the dark grey/rust colour scheme, but may change the shoulders to dual CQC, and use a Gold rather than silver visor. I wonder if anyone's tried this design yet, as noone in matchmaking has anything like the original combination.

So, in short: For a new armour build, would look better for me to use my favourite permutations on a single build, or replicate a complete character's armour from the Halo series? All opinions appreciated!

I'd say go with what feels good to you! I'm primarily doing mine based on the Meta from RvB, but that gives me a little room to play re: chest/shoulder perms. Once that's done however I want to do a full CQB build that's in essence me as a spartan. Meta for proper costume events, CQB for teh lulz, Halloween etc...

I agree that it really depends on what you want yourself, I'm building the Master Chief however its always good to see custom spartans. Also if you're doing your own permutation there's less focus on accuracy than with a character, its more about what looks good to you.

I think you should go custom
if you're not sure if it will match, try putting it toghether in the vanity generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back