Personal Fett Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now i'm almost done with a Fett Helmet pep, but I can't decide what to do when i paint it. So being an artist i concepted the colors i wanted to use and came up with this as my favorite. I'll be posting the pep i've done in a few hours or maybe a day. Just keep on the lookout for it. The file i'm using is Skip's Mandolorian helmet file. I've had it for a year so i don't know where the link is for it.

Paint Concept:
http://bulldawgresler.deviantart.com/#/d35rzst

Its in colored pencil so sorry its grainy, i just threw it together in a few minutes. The black scratches in the picture will be a silver underlay. Leave a comment and tell me what you think. Thanks guys

Yeah i'm gonna use a welding visor if i can find one. Otherwise i'll probably have to just use a cheap motorcycle visor that i saw today

or you could use a flat piece of tinted plexi glass it should work great..

forumline-1.jpg

flames2.png

I CaN HaZ ReC0N

Attachments

• forumline-1.jpg
    forumline-1.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 91
  • flames2.png
    flames2.png
    15 KB · Views: 124
the motorcycle visor can work because i can shape it if i need to, but i think right now i'm just going to use a thin piece of plastic with spray on black tint. But the roads up here are covered in snow so i don't know if i'll be able to get to the mall area to find some spray on tint or anything like it.

Updates tomorrow guys. I'll post my finished pep tomorrow and i'll probably have some bondo done tomorrow too.

I finished this pep last night but wasn't able to get the picture of it to save on my computer. So it finally worked this morning so here it is. The pep file was created by Skip. I just resined it, so its drying right now in my heat box thing i made. Its 18 degrees here in NJ, so it makes it hard to work. Leave a comment :)

Pep finished picture:
http://bulldawgresler.deviantart.com/#/d35utvg

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think. Thanks guys

Hey sorry i haven't been on for a few days. At my house i only have a laptop and my mom's computer at work broke so she had to take it with her for the past two days.

Wiyumishere, sorry i don't have the link to the helmet :( i've the pep file for so long but i can't remember where i found it. I'm pretty sure i found it in the forums here at the 405th, so with some searching you could probably find it. Sorry i can't help there.

Now for the updates.
I had some problems with my white spray paint, so i ended up using a white gray. Also i went with an olive green instead of white because i ran out of red. i guess my mom put the empty can back with the others. I still have to finish the side attachments and create a visor, but the base helmet is finished. With all of this snow it makes it hard to work. :(

Base Helmet finished:
http://bulldawgresler.deviantart.com/#/d363dv6

Be sure to leave a comment.

Looking great so far, keep it up.

I have heard of people on here making visor our of clear plastic, then using the spray on tint that is used to 'black out' vehicle tail light covers. I've heard it works really well. Just a suggestion. :)

Yeah thats what i was thinking of doing. But unfortunatly all of the roads still suck around here so i don't want to risk going to the mall to find the tint, especially wth my car needing new tires.

Definately. I don't think i'll be starting a new project for a few days or a week. School will be back in in 2 days, so that means more of my time is gonna be taken up. I think I'll be doing an odst helmet.

With new years and parties and friends and other things, I've really not had time to fully finish the helmet. I've added a fake visor into the helmet, its just a piece of plastic sprayed with black paint, so it looks like a visor from a foot away. I've just pepped the side pieces but I don't have a lot of resin hardener left, and I've got a huge project that I've planned on doing. But I'll probably just get more sometime soon but just in case i don't I don't want to use it yet. I'll be announcing my awesomely huge project soon. In the next day or two. Plus an Imperial Commando helmet and a ODST Silenced Pistol that actually works as an airsoft gun. Stay tuned guys, and I'll try to post pics of my finished Fett helmet in the next day or two. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back