Phantom Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm looking to start what could be a pretty ambitious project. I want to build a Phantom. Catch is I want to use this to generate a Lego sculpture for the "shell." (read: the purple parts :lol: )

I've been googling around for a while now, but I can't find the model (Halo 2 game mesh would probably work) in a format other than SketchUp, and I'm not about to spend $500 on Pro exporters just to get it in a usable format. :eek:

So my question is, does anyone have a Phantom model in a format like .3ds? Basically any format but SketchUp or something completely weird will probably do fine. ;)

I'm looking to build this at full Lego minifigure scale, so it'll be a good 106 studs long. ;)

If anyone has it or knows where it is, please let me know. :)

well i think blender (share ware) can translate .kmz(sketchup) files in to .3ds so that could still be an option but i have yet to stumble upon any other vehicles besides a pelican and warthog sorry

Did you try pepakura? It can open .kmz files. If you paid for a key for pepakura, you can export the 3d mesh to an .obj file. I don't know of any 3d programs that can't read .obj files.

If you look around the web (especially at Halo 2/3 modding sites), you'll find a bunch of Halo 2 models that have been extracted fromt he game. They aren't too detailed, but they still might function for what you need.

www.halomods.com

Check there, and you should find a Phantom model in the forums somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back