Phauxelate - Halo: Infinite Armor 3D Print

What filament should I use for my armor?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-1-jpg.jpg

I got to use this picture a 2nd time!!!

For the PETG, is it still sanding and filler primer for finishing the print? If so, I'm guessing it's much easier than PLA? And I've heard PLA melts in the sun after a while. Is that the case with PETG?
Yes, pla melts in high temperatures or if left in the sun, a hot car, etc. PETG is super heat resilient and also stronger.

Yes, pla melts in high temperatures or if left in the sun, a hot car, etc. PETG is super heat resilient and also stronger.

Anyone have any recommendations for a brand of PETG for printing cosplay stuff? I'm planning on building all if not the majority of this suit of armor in plastic.

Anyone have any recommendations for a brand of PETG for printing cosplay stuff? I'm planning on building all if not the majority of this suit of armor in plastic.
I am nowhere near experianced enough to do this for you, and I only have used three different types of fillament. The one I've been using is strong hero black petg from amazon. From what I understand, it is just expirament and find what works best for you and your printer.

Progress update: The Y-Azis assembly is complete!

It slides nicely
ezgif-3-6010536a22c3.gif

And only after little under an hour I finally got the belt attached. What a pain it was to have it tight enough :mad:

IMG_20191109_143224.jpg

Here's the printer in all its glory (so far)

IMG_20191109_143612.jpg

I'm still working on it, so stay tune for more updates!

Alright! I have decided on my filament! And it is...... Drum roll...... The Prusament PETG!

It will take 10.9 kg of filament, provided it prints perfectly (which it won't), so I'll likely buy a few more rolls in case the printer chooses to spit out its food.

As for the assembly of the printer, it's slow but steady. Here's some new pics of the X-Axis assembly!

IMG_20191118_211006.jpg

IMG_20191118_211016.jpg

Until next time!

The assembly of the printer is so much fun. I was really glad I got the kit. Can't wait to see your final product!

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Tis' the season, and what I'm thankful for is this wonderful community of generous Spartans!

Speaking of appreciation, huge thanks to MoeSizzlac for fixing up a variation of the Reach 3D chest model! Here's my final scaling of all the armor for 3D printing:

Annotation 2019-11-28 211416.png

I'm planning on painting this armor black and cyan. Also, I found a holy grail of old pepakura files if anyone is interested. They appear to be of 405th origin, but some things aren't in the armory. I have linked the zip (which is 1GB) below. I'll also link a pepakura file (which is also inside the zip) that's a template for building the Reach abdomen out of foam. Here's a screenshot of it:

405th Pepakura Database_1573936353993.zip

Annotation 2019-11-28 2114162.png

That's all for now! I plan on starting up on building that 3D printer soon! Cheers, and....

randomrosso93.jpg

Edit: Forgot to add the abdomen file. I've added now

Attachments

• JTM Reach Abdomen.zip
    44.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Ah man i am looking forward to your progress. Im very curious as to the quality your rig will print. PLA has been very good to me so long as you dial in the slicing software. There are tons of youtube videos that can walk you through it if you ever have a question.

Anyways im glad to see that people are still interested in creating Reach Armor. Im going to following this closely.

Ah man i am looking forward to your progress. Im very curious as to the quality your rig will print. PLA has been very good to me so long as you dial in the slicing software. There are tons of youtube videos that can walk you through it if you ever have a question.

Anyways im glad to see that people are still interested in creating Reach Armor. Im going to following this closely.

I actually have at least some experience with 3D printers. I have a family member that has a Prusa Mk3 that I often use to print stuff with. Matter of fact, the printed parts that my Prusa Clone required were printed on his printer. He's sort of helping me with this, but I'm mainly on my own. Youtube videos are an absolute wonder, and I can't imagine where the world would be now without them! I'm glad to see your enthusiasm, and let it fuel the flames to keep this project lit!

tenor.gif

I'll be taking a few days (2 or 4 or something, I dunno) to be playing some Halo reach. That, and I'm waiting on some parts that I ordered because some were the wrong size (Looking at you, Z Axis Trapezoid Motor Screw Nuts). My new nuts should arrive on Wednesday 2npeg7.jpg

I actually have at least some experience with 3D printers. I have a family member that has a Prusa Mk3 that I often use to print stuff with. Matter of fact, the printed parts that my Prusa Clone required were printed on his printer. He's sort of helping me with this, but I'm mainly on my own. Youtube videos are an absolute wonder, and I can't imagine where the world would be now without them! I'm glad to see your enthusiasm, and let it fuel the flames to keep this project lit!

Youtube academy lol.

good-news-everyone.jpg
(I can just hear this image)

My nuts fit my rods
IMG_20191221_150928.jpg

And now the Z-Axis is all assembled!

IMG_20191221_150440.jpg

Only things left to do now I believe is the extruder assembly, and the Electronics (LCD, PSU, RAMPS, ect...). I'mma take a break for now, and either work on it later tonight or tomorrow as I've been woking on this for a few hours

I ain't dead, just in cryosleep
IMG_20200613_161616.jpg

--
I think I'm going to run my focus to 3D printing the Halo: Infinite armor. Halo: Reach is still on the menu, it's just being put aside for now.

Note: This is still going to be a 3D printer build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back