Photo shoot of Magnum's new ODST armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Hey guys!

I thought you all might get a kick out of seeing the pics that i got of Magnum wearing the ODST armor he and I made together for the Relay for life event we did this weekend. After walking a few laps, we did an impromptu photo shoot in a clearing nearby some woods. While Matt and I did the standard poses in the field, my wife Jen spotted a couple great locations in the woods..

The pics were shot with a Canon EOS T2i, and my trusty old Sony Cybershot F717, everything was just point and click, no manual adjustment. i welcome constructive advice from our photography guru's. I'm still a bit inexperienced with the T2i..

Here's some highlights!

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Matt and Jen at the wrap of shooting.

IMG_0283.jpg

If you'd like to see the rest of the gallery, go here: http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/ScaryMonkey75/Matts ODST Shoot/

Many thanks to Matt for helping out with the build and his patience and stamina shooting these pics in the heat. Great job buddy!

Once again. Pure inspiration!
Thanks for sharing.
The Canon is taking better pics than the Sony one. :)

Looks good.

Off the top of my head (gotta hurry and get back to prop making for Comic Con), you should try shooting when the sun is more at an angle. Shooting in the middle of the day makes for some harsh lighting that can wash out details (as in this picture: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/ScaryMonkey75/Matts ODST Shoot/IMG_0203.jpg). When it's slightly cloudy, or even better at sunset/sunrise, makes for more defused lighting.

Another thing you might try is shooting in aperture priority with an open aperture (set it for smaller numbers, such as 2.8, etc.). This will reduce the depth of field, making the background blur out. This can help keep the focus on the subject and reduce busy backgrounds. If you shoot from slightly farther back and zoom in, this will also reduce the depth of field. For an example, here's one photographer's photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/djwu/4759612908/in/set-72157624291866489/ Note how the busy people in the background are blurred, making for a better background.

Other than that, great stuff! My favorite is definitely the one where he's in the forest taking aim to the left.

That is really frikkin' awesome! I've got a couple of questions for ya: 1. How long did it take you to make this? 2. What materials did you use!
Again, amazing job!

This was a lot of fun...but hot too! I think it was 92 degrees out that day as the high. I don't think I've sweat that much in a long time, but it was worth it. :D

It was an awesome experience working with Sean on this suit. It truly does fit as well as it looks and as Sean said during the day it made me look like a line backer.

It's not quite completely finished as there will be a few additional pieces added to the armor before D*Con. Namely the shoulder plate and camera helmet pieces styled from Mickey's armor along with a few other nicknacks. ;)

There will be more to come later, but for now enjoy these awesome shots from Sean! :)

Looks really great Matt... you and Sean did an awesome job! It'll be awesome to see this suit in person at Dragon Con. Well done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back