Photobucket 3rd Party Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerniciousDuke

RCO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S128
I just got an email saying that my Photobucket account has been restricted for 3rd party hosting. Meaning that I am using photobucket to post my pictures on the 405th... That's what I thought it was for! Now it wants me to pay. The email says that it has pulled my pictures from the 3rd party site, but all my pictures are still up on the 405th. I'll let you guys know more here if anything changes. Post if you've had similar experiences. Or know a better option than photobucket.

Thanks,
PD

I just got an email saying that my Photobucket account has been restricted for 3rd party hosting. Meaning that I am using photobucket to post my pictures on the 405th... That's what I thought it was for! Now it wants me to pay. The email says that it has pulled my pictures from the 3rd party site, but all my pictures are still up on the 405th. I'll let you guys know more here if anything changes. Post if you've had similar experiences. Or know a better option than photobucket.

Thanks,
PD
can you upload files directly from your phone via the "upload file" button? I've never used photobucket, but I'll still try to help as best I can...

Upvote 0
This is a photobucket tactic to get people to pay ex. Photobucket images posted on other sites are slowly being replaced with a stand in image that basically just says "Pay to use photobucket on third party sites." It is going to happen to everyone who does not pay for the "upgraded" photobucket accounts.

There appears to be a cap to upload images into the "album's" on your profile, but there is no cap that I know of to upload the images to individual threads via the "upload a file" option.

Upvote 0
TBH I really don't see a reason to upload on photobucket or anywhere else with the great "upload a file" feature, which lets you upload the file directly to the post... o.o

If you still want to rather upload somehwere else, I recommend Blogger or facebook and just copy URL.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. I think I will try using this website's file upload feature from now on... and I may have to go back through my old posts too.

Upvote 0
The problem here is you can't take any photos out of the albums. My capacity has been reached I was freaking out because I couldn't update my threads. But you can post by the method Cadet indicates.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back