[pic Heavy] Radioactiv And Friends Armor Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have been on this site since last September, researching, watching videos, looking at the legends that have been forging armor, And someday I hope to reach that status (some how at least XD)
I do plan on having all of the suit molded, we are gonna be recasting for all of my friends, so we all can be spartans.
So far, I have done most of the work, but I couldn't have gotten started without them!
So without further ado, I bring to you, my first pep helmet, it is FS's Second to last, (the one Doc Used, but I plan on using the final helmets nose piece.)
(Note I had a pretty hard time getting the pics in order, so they aren't >___<)

Black Primer after Glassing
[attachment=5734:l_5b6184...1cbbe4ef.jpg]
Glassing
[attachment=5733:l_5a2689...f2680ccb.jpg]
Sanded after bondo
[attachment=5732:l_2ad9a6...706986d8.jpg]
Primer after glassing and sanding
[attachment=5731:l_2acdcd...d5bb3e6d.jpg]
Glassing
[attachment=5730:l_1b39e1...1e1d98d7.jpg]
Bondo...
[attachment=5735:l_8e6ac6...5ffb4ad0.jpg]
[attachment=5737:l_9a1d47...c2240a7c.jpg]
[attachment=5738:l_10c7d6...a0bc44ce.jpg]
Me cutting fiberglass cloth with a knife (Scissors didn't work for me!)
[attachment=5740:l_653c30...26122979.jpg]
Sanded after bondo
[attachment=5741:l_557269...70d704a4.jpg]
Glassing
[attachment=5742:l_323774...a2a9b43c.jpg]
Roughly sanded after Bondo
[attachment=5739:l_433a17...6e841721.jpg]

I'll have more pics soon, it looks way better now, the bondo is nice and smooth, and I used some spackle putty to fill in the holes, then resined over it for strength. (I'm gonna make a spackle putty tut soon!)
Coming up next, FS's HD torso!

Good lord, it's warped! :eek:

I don't think warpage of that magnitude can be fixed with bondo... I suggest doing another helmet.

I hate to say this dude, but I agree with S1l3nt V1p3r; I don't think that helmet can be save. I mean if you're comfortable with it, then by all means keep going! But if you are trying to perfect a whole suit, you might want to start over with a new helmet.

It's sad to say, but the warping is intense on the left side :(

You should try another helmet or the same. Do you know what cause the warpage?

Wow guys, just wait til the next batch of pics! The left jaw connecting to the helmet wasn't really attached then, but all of that is fixed! Next updates by next week. (My friend with the camera is in texas right now.)

(Don't worry guys)
~Radio~
[EDIT] Come to think about it, I may as well start over again *sigh*
I'm gonna do the final HD model, I noticed some un repairable areas on the helmet, Next update is gonna be the HD torso and helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back