Planet Comicon Kansas City - Community Engagement Opportunities

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Hey folks! Just as quickly as it came, Planet has now passed by for this year. We had an amazing turn out and have already been invited back next year. However, a caveat to this is getting members to engage in events outside planet throughout the year! With that in mind, our own Littlefoot1221 will going forward use this thread to update for events between now and the next show dates for Planet!

Better late than never but I'm getting back into the swing of things. Reminder that working these promos helps earn you a free pass to Planet. This is what we have for January:

Boulevard Space Camper & Planet Comicon Promo
Where: Boulevard Brewing Rec Dec (4th Floor of Tours & Rec building) 2534 Madison Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108
When: January 22nd from 4-7pm
What: Space themed event to celebrate Planet Comicon and Boulevard Brewing's partnership. Boulevard has released 5 different versions of their Space Camper IPA. We will be walking around the 4th floor and encouraging people to enter the ticket raffle at the Planet Comicon table. We will have access to a changing room and secure area to store our gear. I also happen to work here and will personally get everyone who comes to help a free beer card.
Confirmed Boots on the Ground:
SpartanSweed
Littlefoot1221
CherriDragon
Noble
Oddball
SSGErne
Tentative:
CozmiqVixen
SSGElmo
SSGBert

Last edited:
For February:

Nebraska Furniture Mart: Countdown to Con
Where: NFM at the Legends - 1601 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, KS 66111
When: February 17th from 4-7pm
What: This is a Countdown to Con Mini-con and cosplay contest but we will still be directing shoppers to the Planet table to enter the ticket raffle. I will add more details as I get them. This usually has a very good turnout among cosplayers and the prizes for the contest are usually very good as well.
Tentative:

Great Overland Comic Convention

Where: Great Overland Station - 701 N Kansas Ave, Topeka, KS 66608
When: February 24-25th from 10am-4pm
What: Planet will have a booth you would be helping promote at. Shifts are typically 4hrs. Entry to the con is covered. This counts towards a pass to Planet
Tentative:

Littlefoot1221
Fallen
EmpFrosty

Last edited:
I'd need to drive up Sunday and work from somewhere Monday to make the 22nd. When you have more info on the Feb event I'll see if I can make the drive.

Better late than never but I'm getting back into the swing of things. Reminder that working these promos helps earn you a free pass to Planet. This is what we have for January:

Where: Boulevard Brewing Rec Dec (4th Floor of Tours & Rec building) 2534 Madison Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108
What: Space themed event to celebrate Planet Comicon and Boulevard Brewing's partnership. Boulevard has released 5 different versions of their Space Camper IPA. We will be walking around the 4th floor and encouraging people to enter the ticket raffle at the Planet Comicon table. I have inquired about a changing room but haven't heard back yet. I also happen to work here and will personally get everyone who comes to help a free beer card.
SpartanSweed
CherriDragon

Confirm me for this event

What: Space themed event to celebrate Planet Comicon and Boulevard Brewing's partnership. Boulevard has released 5 different versions of their Space Camper IPA. We will be walking around the 4th floor and encouraging people to enter the ticket raffle at the Planet Comicon table. I have inquired about a changing room but haven't heard back yet. I also happen to work here and will personally get everyone who comes to help a free beer card.
SpartanSweed
CherriDragon
Man! Why is this on a Monday? If it was the following weekend I could definitely drive down.:cry:

I do also currently have a spare Halo Reach suit. It's a bit beat up since it hasn't had the planned work done on it yet but it's fully usable. Just base armor with a helmet, just missing its boots (which BobRossIsMaDad still has).

Tentative for the overland event as well.

Gonna need to look for a cheap hotel near by unless someone KC side who is going can spare a floor for the evening.

i mean, if people are gonna be coming from out of town, I'd rather offer the crap ton of floor space I've got (fairly sure i have an air matt. or 2 but can't officially remember), than have to afford a hotel for a smaller event. But i live about a half hour from OP, and don't know if I'm making that event :/

i mean, if people are gonna be coming from out of town, I'd rather offer the crap ton of floor space I've got (fairly sure i have an air matt. or 2 but can't officially remember), than have to afford a hotel for a smaller event. But i live about a half hour from OP, and don't know if I'm making that event :/
Just a reminder, the event is actually in Topeka. I know it’s sneaky with the wording

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back