Planet Comicon Info and Roll Call: April 22-24, 2022 (Kansas City, MO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen

Community Staff
Member DIN
S922
1640959434497.png

Planet Comicon Kansas City is the region's largest and longest-running pop culture and comic book convention. Held annually at Bartle Hall, Kansas City’s Downtown Convention Center, Planet Comicon is an awe-inspiring pop culture extravaganza spanning nearly eight football fields and featuring more than 90 celebrity, cosplayer and comic creator guests. PCKC also features a wide range of pop culture merchandise, crafts, art and collectibles from more than 650 vendors, hundreds of hours of programming, an exciting cosplay showcase and a family-friendly interactive activity area called the Planet Entertainment Zone. It’s a galaxy of fun and adventure spread over three days!
The first Planet Comicon was held in 1999 in Overland Park, Kansas, and has grown into an epic extravaganza annually attended by 60,000+ fans from across the country. Planet Comicon features the best in comic books, as well as fantasy, sci fi and superhero television and film.

Of note this year Steve Downes, Adam Savage, and SKS Props are on the guest list.

Planet Comicon Kansas City COVID-19 Statement:

There will NOT be a mask mandate for Planet Comicon Kansas City unless required by ordinance per the City of Kansas City, Missouri. There is no mask mandate currently in place for the city.

Planet Comicon Kansas City comes with enhanced health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. All persons present at PCKC, including but not limited to, attendees, guests, exhibitors, volunteers, contractors and staff voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Covid info as of April 22, 2022. I'll keep this updated if anything changes.

Weapons and Props Policy

Date: April 22-24, 2022

301 W 13th St
Kansas City, MO, 64105

Event Website:
Home Page • Planet Comicon Kansas City

Hotels:

Planet Comicon Hotel Info

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":
Fallen
NobleofDeath16
Emp Frosty
SGT Razor
Ean Evans
Barricade195
SpartanSweed (Saturday)
BobRossIsMaDad (Saturday)
WandererTJ + 1

Tentative Responses:

Hotel Reservations:
BOOK HERE

Badge Purchase: BUY HERE

Dinner Plans:

Under Construction

Photoshoot:

Currently none planned, but if we get enough interest we can try to figure something out.

Meetup Saturday
As of the latest update the weather in KC on Saturday the 23rd is mid 70s and partly cloudy. As such we're setting up a meeting place in the plaza at the corner of W 13th St and Central St. As a backup there's cover just outside Bartle Hall where we can meet up if plans need to change. The plaza could have some great spots to take photos as well, so while we don't have a formal photoshoot planned, we can still get some fun pics as a group.

Update April 21:
Looks like isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon on Saturday, so even though we should be done w/ our photoshoot by noon, be aware and prepared to meet at the backup location and shift photos indoors.

Time: Saturday, April 23 @ 10:00 - 10:30AM

planet_meeting.jpg

Update Apr 21
Did some scouting around the meeting and backup area when I arrived in town.
IMG_3651 Medium.jpeg IMG_3652 Medium.jpeg IMG_3653 Medium.jpeg
Staircase where we're meeting Saturday from bottom and top as well as the structure next to it. If anyone doesn't want to take stairs/has difficulty for any reason, coming from the North side at 12th (near the Marriott on either side doesn't require stairs.

IMG_3650 Medium.jpeg IMG_3648 Medium.jpeg
Looking towards the backup location. Inside the doors to the left of the first image is Will Call, main entrance, and prop check.

Last edited:
I will be attending and can provide backdrops, tables, and anything else we may want or need for photoshoots.

Might as well update me for will be there.
Also for reference if anyone would like I will have a few extra weapon props I can bring such as:
  • Foam Energy sword (premade one I bought)
  • SRS99 (semi accurate reach based one)
  • MA37K
  • M7 (should be finished in time)
  • VK78 (should also be finished in time)
If anyone would like them for pictures or such just let me know before hand since its a lot to carry I'll only bring what I need or am asked for. The stanchion will also be with me.

Updated first post to reflect latest shared information from the Planet Comicon Kansas City COVID-19 Statement.

I just got my hotel, about 6 miles from event and could probably squeeze one more into our room but otherwise not only myself but @SGT are confirmed for all 3 days.

Got my ticket for all 3 days as well but have to look for a hotel since plans to stay with a friend fell through.

First post updated with Saturday meetup info.

Purchased my pass today. I'll be wearing my pilot on Friday and ODST on Saturday.

Do we know of any photographers going to the event we could reach out to in terms of our shoot? I will also bring the 405th flag and a backdrop for use for it. We would just need to work out someone we can get photos through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back