Planet Comicon Info and Roll Call: April 22-24, 2022 (Kansas City, MO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know of any photographers going to the event we could reach out to in terms of our shoot? I will also bring the 405th flag and a backdrop for use for it. We would just need to work out someone we can get photos through.
I cant make any promises but I have a friend who has been dying to try his new camera, I might be able to convince him to come take pictures for everyone. I'll update if he can but for now just act like we still need someone.

So that I'm updating you all here as well, I have a photographer friend I'm coordinating with for the weekend who is happy to help take photos on Saturday.
If EMP Frosty has one as well, that's awesome. It will allow us to make it through getting everyone some singles faster without everyone standing around.

Looks like there are a couple members who may need some weapons to hold in case someone can bring extra.

Unfortunately my friend wont make it so no photographer from me. However I do have a few extra weapons that I'm bringing that I'll list here:

1. MA37 (reach AR)
  2. VK78
  3. M7
  4. SRS99 (custom reach variant)
  5. Stanchion
  6. Energy Sword (foam)
  7. M6C (custom with reach paint job)
Friday I'll be carrying the AR and VK78 at different points
Saturday I'll be carrying the Stanchion
Sunday I'll be carrying just the energy sword and M6C

other that what I plan to carry for me on those days I don't mind lending out props for pictures, just please let me know If you'd like to use any of them before hand so we can coordinate carrying everything.

Updated first post w/ photos and new info.

Of note, weather forecast shows wind gusts and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon on Saturday. While we should be done taking photos by then, be prepared in case rain comes earlier and we have to meet under the overhang and do photos inside instead.

Added a Google Drive for sharing photos more effectively. Please put your photos in a folder with your username (or name if you prefer) and IG handle so people can credit you when sharing your photo(s). If there are any photos you don't want people sharing probably best not to upload those to the drive.

Planet Comicon 2022 - Google Drive

I’m here working with the Just-Us League and am not an official member of the Midwest regiment yet but I would love to meet up everyone that is here!
Was wonderful to meet you! Just gotta hit your 50 post/90 days and we can get you that official Midwest status; so start showing off what you are working on or asking questions/showing praise to others work! :)

We definitely should look into a photographer we can tie to this event for the future, as this situation with our planned one was less than ideal as I feel we lost a lot of time and good photo opportunities for people. I also vote we start the shoot at 11 opposed to 10; because holy crap the parking situation on a Saturday is wack.

It also looks like the new dates were announced already; March 17th through the 19th 2023. This may potentially lead to a traffic jam we are used to with C2E2 again depending how things shift after August.

I also vote we start the shoot at 11 opposed to 10; because holy crap the parking situation on a Saturday is wack.
I vote we look into the photoshoot schedule they had this year and determine if we want to get on it should they do it again next year. Don't recall the con having it last year, but sounds like it helped some of the various groups trying to organize photoshoots vs. using word of mouth info sharing.

I vote we look into the photoshoot schedule they had this year and determine if we want to get on it should they do it again next year. Don't recall the con having it last year, but sounds like it helped some of the various groups trying to organize photoshoots vs. using word of mouth info sharing.
The general video game photo shoot this year was Friday evening so if they follow the same schedule next year it could be difficult to get everyone out to it in time, definitely worth the looking into though.

The general video game photo shoot this year was Friday evening so if they follow the same schedule next year it could be difficult to get everyone out to it in time, definitely worth the looking into though.
Thats the main reason i didnt suggest those shoots because they are the butt end of the Friday con day where as we will almost always have max attendance on a Saturday being the busiest day of most conventions.

We definitely should look into a photographer we can tie to this event for the future, as this situation with our planned one was less than ideal as I feel we lost a lot of time and good photo opportunities for people. I also vote we start the shoot at 11 opposed to 10; because holy crap the parking situation on a Saturday is wack.

It also looks like the new dates were announced already; March 17th through the 19th 2023. This may potentially lead to a traffic jam we are used to with C2E2 again depending how things shift after August.
I can definitely help on the photographer front next year. I’ve worked with a bunch here locally that do a great job.

Your posts are considered "Messages" on the forum when you click your name! Right now you have 5 (6 when you respond here! LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back