Plaster For Molds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre

Jr Member
Hey whats up guys, i have a question about molding. Could i use plaster to mold things? like a 2 part mold. me and 2 sources are planning on molding his armor for all 3 of use to use. we are going to meet up and discuss different ways on molding, detailing, all that good stuff but i thought i would ask you guys first to get your input. both of the 2 sources are from this site and one has a completed suit can you guess who it is?

trips302.jpg

Your best bet would have been to PM someone who has molded their armor. Or someone on the Q&A Team with molding experience instead of starting a thread. These are the little things that eat bandwidth and cost more money to keep this site going. Also, using plaster has been discussed before.

sry dude but plaster like link said only latex, if your using what Adam uses (smooth cast 300) which is a 2 part polyurethane u need silicone. but u might be able to use your plaster for the jacket but i suggest you use plasty paste.

hope this helps :)

thanks for the input guys, really helped alot. i almost bought like 5 gallons of Plaster for no reason!

in need of MC armor said:
thanks for the input guys, really helped alot. i almost bought like 5 gallons of Plaster for no reason!
I would like to remind you that armor making will cost you thousands of dollars =/

-FSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnish_Spartan said:
I would like to remind you that armor making will cost you thousands of dollars =/

-FSS

Finnish... do you actually have any idea of the cost of things in US dollars?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back