plaster or muslin cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachciav

well im planning on making marine costumes for my friends, but i dont want to have to make 3 sets, and figured i could use the pep helmet as a kind of mold. i was planing on taking the carboard versoin of the helmet i have, making it waterproof, cutting it in half, then using either muslin cloth, and a wheat/glue paste, or plaster, but i dont know which one to pick. and suggestions? and i would use wither muslin cloth or plaster to strengthen the outside of my MC armor, with a laquer or varnish finish. again which one should i use (preferably which is less toxic) i cant use fiberglass, or resin, because my parents wont let me : ( any suggestions or answers will be very well apreciated!

Personally, i would choose the Muslin cloth because from what i know it is VERy strong, pretty cheap, and doesn't kill your brain cells. Also i dont know how strong plaster would be; i havent worked with it before but i imagine it would hold up too well.

:D You could just tell your friends to come and learn how to make their own and let THEM choose.

Good luck :)

yea i figure im gonna use muslin cloth. but i dont think they would only be marines for halloween if i made the costume. and it would be really cool to have a platoon of them behind me when we went out. it'd be pretty sick right? so thats y i'm making them. plus i dont really mind it. i have nothing better to do. and they wont be keeping the costumes.....unless they want to buy them : ) do you know where i can get muslin cloth?

yea i tried.....alot.....but i figured that i trusted u guys you seem to know what you're talking about. so i figured id get advise from the.....er professionals?
i think im goin with muslin cloth unless some one tells me other wise. thz for the help guys : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back