Plastic Mixture Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre

Jr Member
Hey guys i am buying one of Adam's older molds of his AR from some one here and i plan on casting it once i combine it into one AR instead of two AR halves but have some questions about it.

1. Where can i buy the plastic mixture that Adam uses?

2. How much is it?

3. Can i use Plaster Of Paris as a substitute for silicon? like to make Molds put them together and then add the plastic mixture.

4. How can i combine the two halves of the AR to make one gun instead of two halves?

5. (Off topic) i plan on buying one of Adams "Crap Suits" and one of Spase' helmets is it worth buying?

Please help guys it would be very much appreciated.

You had better be ABSOLUTELY sure that Adam knows that you are planning on recasting his AR. A 2-piece AR is designed to be assembled and finished. Asking for advice on how to recast someone else's work (especially the owner of this site) is probably going to get you a great big visit from the banhammer...

You asked me to recast parts for you in the past and I explained why that was not going to happen - so I know that you know better.

Post reported

Adam said:
*sigh* do not recast my AR. First class ticket to banville.
ok my bad i will not recast, once again sorry i just assumed when we were talking on IM and pm that when you said when i get your suit if i do i can recast it but i guess i was wrong sorry once again i will not recast

Last edited by a moderator:
recast the muckle stuff all you want, not the gun, and not spase's helmet.

Ok Adam i knew not to recast Spase's helmet and now i know not to recast the Ar. thanks for filling me in on this. also i can pay you within about 2 weeks from now for your armor Adam. but i have a Question for you what is the best way to combine your 2 halves of your AR? the seller told me screws...

no it was not a joke... i thought i could recast his AR because he said i can recast his suit but i guess i was wrong but oh well but does anyone have any ideas for how to combine the 2 halves?

I would suggest doing it the way most everyone else does it.

Epoxy Glue around the edges ( i promise you this wont come loose.), then fill the gun with expanding foam. You might have to get your Dad or Mom to purchase the stuff because certain states have 18+ rules on buying resin/chemical components.

Incidentally, I would have to guess the Adam uses the industry standard which for us types seems to be smooth-on smoothcast 300 which usually runs around $80-120 a gallon give or take.

And lastly......

5. (Off topic) i plan on buying one of Adams "Crap Suits" and one of Spase' helmets is it worth buying?

That is rather a rude statement, on several levels young sir. Read that sentence there and tell me how you think it sounds.

Evil Taylor said:
I would suggest doing it the way most everyone else does it.

Epoxy Glue around the edges ( i promise you this wont come loose.), then fill the gun with expanding foam. You might have to get your Dad or Mom to purchase the stuff because certain states have 18+ rules on buying resin/chemical components.

Incidentally, I would have to guess the Adam uses the industry standard which for us types seems to be smooth-on smoothcast 300 which usually runs around $80-120 a gallon give or take.

And lastly......
That is rather a rude statement, on several levels young sir. Read that sentence there and tell me how you think it sounds.
Don't worry man, he means one of Adam's bad casted armor pieces, with warping and needing a lot of repair.
He doesn't mean that Adam's suit is crap.

Actually that's how Adam lists them when he sells them. "Crap" parts. The Spase is always a good buy and 99.9% of the time so is the "crap" from Adam. Epoxy the AR together and you'll be fine.

tlither said:
Actually that's how Adam lists them when he sells them. "Crap" parts. The Spase is always a good buy and 99.9% of the time so is the "crap" from Adam. Epoxy the AR together and you'll be fine.

Ah, we learn something new...everyday.

ok that sounds good. thanks for the input guys. also what is the best way to mold the armor? My dad says vacuforming can work on everything but the helmet is this true?(saying this and sounding like a noob :() anyway thanks for the help guys

threads getting weird. Lol. one of my "crap" suits would be very poorly cast items, and such, he wasn't be rude. Anyways, this thread should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back