Please Lock, Moved To Noob Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great write up, makes more sense then the other one I seen when it comes to non-Spartan armor sets like the Marines and ODST without allot of backwards math solving to get the right fit and trail and error. Thanks

Hmm im worried. I scaled the armor to fit me from a 5'11" person that was previously used to scale the pep files. Im 5'9". Why did the pieces get bigger? I hope this doesn't mean that it will most definitely not fit me.

Yes, you put the height you got into the scaling table. DO NOT put your magical scaling number in place of the height. If your still having trouble, read the tutorial again, follow the steps as you go, and then ask questions later if you still have any.

OMG MAN!!! THIS IS LIKE THE BEST SCALING TINGY EVER!!!! it would taken me horus, or even days to figure this out! now i can finally start! ^^

Just a question:

I used this method to scale Nightshade's ODST shoulders, but the piece's new height would be bigger than before. Is this supposed to happen? I know that the ODSTs aren't as tall as Master Chief but I'm about 5'10 and I'm not too sure making it bigger is the right way to go. Any thoughts?

Well, the Weta ODST shoulder (Or the basic halo 3 ODST shoulder in general) is smaller then the ODST shoulder in Halo 3:ODST, so yes, the shoulder should be scaled up. Besides, if you scaled it to somebody who is 5'11" (You should expect to atleast grow 1 inch from now to halloween) then you should have to scale the shoulder up anyway. I believe the shoulder is scaled by default for somebody shorter then you.

I will double check, and I will edit this post ASAP if needed.

does this work with feet and everything else? like lets say the feet are 2cm and, for me, id have to divide that by 160.5 (only 12 here) and then put watever i get into the height column? same thing wiht chest right? and preety much every thing else? bte, for chest would i measure across or how tall it is from waist to neck?

No, you can't use this with your boot. Its best to measure your foot with a shoe/boot on it to get a rough estimate of how the boot should be scaled. From there, build a size tester because boots are always hard to get the scale correct the first time. If the scale works for you, make the HD boot, and there you go.

Thank you very much for the tutorial it helped out a TON. I'm new to 405th and going to start my armor this up coming weekend, i do have one question though, in pepakura 3 where to you set the scale?

You set the scale by:

Go to the upper left hand side of pep desinger 3. Then click on "2D Pattern window", then go down to "Change The Scale of Development". Now click on "Specify the scale" and a little box should appear in the middle of your page. Now you can scale the armour piece.

Good luck on your project, and thanks for showing interest.

CHEERS!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
No, you can't use this with your boot. Its best to measure your foot with a shoe/boot on it to get a rough estimate of how the boot should be scaled. From there, build a size tester because boots are always hard to get the scale correct the first time. If the scale works for you, make the HD boot, and there you go.

ok thankx

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said before:

You set the scale by:

Go to the upper left hand side of pep desinger 3. Then click on "2D Pattern window", then go down to "Change The Scale of Development". Now click on "Specify the scale" and a little box should appear in the middle of your page. Now you can scale the armour piece.

CHEERS!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Like I said before:

You set the scale by:

CHEERS!

\

VERY cool! I have been really confused when it cam to this. My biggest problem was not knowing that

I had to rearranged the pieces so that they fit on the paper. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back