Please Lock, Moved To Noob Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually came up with an idea similer to this one with my math teacher, and he said that it could really work. The only thing is, for it to fit PERFECTLY, dosent your body have to be directly proportional to the pictures body? That was my only problem with it.

I guess your body would have be very close in proportion to the character in the picture. If you have really long/short legs/arms, then measure both your and the characters arms and come up with a scaling number. I just scaled and printed every ODST piece, and I have made 60% of the pieces, and everything fits very well with no problems, and the perfact room for padding/smooth-cast 300 (Im doing slush casting, not fiberglassing or the hot glue method.) I guess I just got luckey with my body being almost perfactly similar to the person in the Weta ODST costume in the Halo Live Action short films.

EDIT:

Ok everybody, after recieving a few PM's about people being slightly confused about this scaling option, I have added a simpler (And somewhat less accurate) scaling option in the first post. Check it out ASAP, and I would really love to hear some feed back.

Thanks everybody!

Sorry for the double post, but it turns out that my profile was "hacked" so I have to re-type the whole tutorial. Just give me an hour or so and i will have it back up.

Thanks for your patents.

EDIT:

Tutorial is up again!

Cheers!

thanks for this info, it will be very useful to me, im 5'7 280, kind of round, :pthis should help me build my own armor, that will actually fit, and for the helmet, i should do the same right, to make it fit, cause i made a MARK VI and i came out a 5 year old size. :p

atleast the SPARTAN III Helmet came out good. once again thanks for the scaling methods.

No problem. Just remember to scale the armour up a little to make room for when you grow taller, and make sure you follow my steps to the letter.

Good luck, and hope to see some progress soon.

Also, Any mod out there, could somebody please move this to the Noob Forum. Its just because I wound like to hear some feedback from the new member community and see if they are having any problems.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
No problem. Just remember to scale the armour up a little to make room for when you grow taller, and make sure you follow my steps to the letter.

Good luck, and hope to see some progress soon.

Also, Any mod out there, could somebody please move this to the Noob Forum. Its just because I wound like to hear some feedback from the new member community and see if they are having any problems.

Cheers!

not just if they grow taller but also the thickness of their under armor or if they will be using padding an thicker straps. that an when the resin dries it makes it slightly smaller since it tightens into a hardened material, then the body filler an fiberglass add more thickness to it, so adding a bit more in relation to that will help too ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Moved it. Its in a new thread. don't worry, it still has the same title as before. it also hase a few more new goodies you can look at.

ok i'll look for it then

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back