Polyesterglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

SagittariusArt

At last Friday i wanted to smooth the inner Surface of my Helmet and too seal the Smell of the Resin.

At that Point i wanted to use my last Urethane, but i had a full Can of PolyGlass left that was never been used since this Day.

This Glass is used to make clear Casts and BioPlastics, i´ve seen some Results of them and they are very smooth.

Okay then, do it with that, but the Instructions and Mixing Values are a little complicated, but thats no big Problem.

The big Problem comes now:

This Resin stinks so bad that you want to kill yourself!!! You smell it even trough the Respirator!! And when it goes rly like $#!T happens, you got some of this on your Hand, it sticks more then normal Resin! Use very long Gloves the next Time...not the normal ones...

But it doesnt exist a next Time, i trow it ASAP in the Garbage in two Plasticbags that it not opens anymore...

The Surface is after one Hour very smooth, smoother as Rondo can geht, but at the End i use the Rest of my Urethan and brushed it in, smells a lot better now.

The Smell of the Glass goes away in 1-2 Days, but it was so terrible that i dont wanted to wait, i work outside, but even there you became Headache, with or without Respirator!

This should be a Warning at everyone who want to use this Material, dont do it! Even if its very cheap!!

Loess said:
Is this stuff different than normal polyester resin?

Yes, it´s clear, no Color. Its also used to close Objects in, like litle Roses, Toys and something else.
I think its a little harder to, but i would prefer normal Resin, it smells like Perfume against PolyGlass.
And like i sayed, the Mixing Table is a lot more different then normal Resin, at normal Resin you add more Hardener to speed up the Process, but at Gass it goes extremly hot at the wrong Mix, i think it could start burning too.

Pls dont even think about using it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back