Pooper's High Detailed Mvi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooper

Torso 95% complete.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Well, just wanted to show you all what I've been working on lately... I'm working on my 2nd MVI suit, but this time I'm going to add every detail that I can on the armor. Also, I'll be using Fiberglass and bondo instead of the Hot Glue Method.

My Hot Glue suit was mainly built to show members who can't use resin/fiberglass that you can make a good suit without using those toxic materials. Now, I want to make one to the best of my ability and knowledge... with what I learned from you all.

It's mainly pep, and I used cardboard to help me get the raised areas and details, since I'm not too great with bondo (but will detail a couple of areas with it).

Here's the pics... sorry for low quality. My camera sucks.

DCFC0013.jpg

DCFC0016.jpg

DCFC0018.jpg

DCFC0020.jpg

DCFC0021.jpg

DCFC0024.jpg

DCFC0027.jpg

Tell me what you think!

I made the scale at 29cm height, because I'm wanting to mold this, so I wanted it to have a universal fit (just like thorssiol). And besides, my other helmet was a little to small for me anyway...

I'll be glassing this weekend. I'm hoping it'll come out okay.

I didn't know that you were going to make a new suit. Can't wait to see some more pics along with progress then. Keep it up :D

Looks fantastic so far. How long did it take you to pep that? I'll be starting the same HD helm pretty soon, and I'll be making mine the same size. I plan on going the straight-to-plastic route, though.

Leadingspartan said:
Which Helmet is that, I haven't been on in a long time and that model looks sexy.

It's rundown's.

Thats is really good so far. As always peple have good folds, and straight. And it's good that it;s not warped, like some of them sometimes. Are you planning on the hotglue method again/ if you are i suggest putting bondo over the peice so you don't get the fold lines after you're done.

Last edited by a moderator:
SoullessSin said:
I didn't know that you were going to make a new suit. Can't wait to see some more pics along with progress then. Keep it up :D

Thanks Soulless... your suit is looking great too by the way! :)

MrOreo123 said:
Looks fantastic so far. How long did it take you to pep that? I'll be starting the same HD helm pretty soon, and I'll be making mine the same size. I plan on going the straight-to-plastic route, though.

Well, with my busy schedule it took me two weeks to complete. :cautious: Should have been done with this sooner. But hey! if you want it to look good, you have to take your time. :D

JediStumpy said:
lookin' good. what did you scale your helm before? the H: 265mm as it opens up as I'm guessing?

Yep. It was good at first, but it warp a little on me, so when I open my mouth you could see my bottom teeth. Plus I didn't have room for fans... not good in Georgia heat.

And I have a couple of questions for you Jedi... I'll pm you when I get to a certain part on my helmet.

Leadingspartan said:
Which Helmet is that, I haven't been on in a long time and that model looks sexy.
TheSpartanMjolnir said:
It's rundown's.

Thats is really good so far. As always peple have good folds, and straight. And it's good that it;s not warped, like some of them sometimes. Are you planning on the hotglue method again/ if you are i suggest putting bondo over the peice so you don't get the fold lines after you're done.

Actually, it's Flying Squirrels HD model. I used Rundown's model to help out with the detailing, mostly on the sides of the helmet. Basically, I took the best of both and combined them. Rundown's model are some of the cardboard pieces I put on the helmet.

And as I said in my first post, I'm going to be fiberglassing/resining this suit.

Here's another pic to show you my helmets...
DCFC0029.jpg

pooper your armor is amazing, good think SoullessSin pointed out that it was hot glue method that you used.... Any way, imma PM you something hehe :D

Glennz said:
OMG...
That's one of the cleanest helmets i have ever seen :eek:

Thanks! :D

Spawn Camp3r said:
before you fiberglass you should add supports or the paper visor so that it maintains that perfect shape.

Yeah, I'm planning on using cardboard supports, and glassing it like in crackhead's video tutorial.

centerside said:
pooper your armor is amazing, good think SoullessSin pointed out that it was hot glue method that you used.... Any way, imma PM you something hehe :D

Thanks centerside... I'll pm you as soon as I can.

My next update will probably be on monday, seeing as I'm going to glass this helmet this weekend.

If you have any comments, please let me know!

pooper said:
Actually, it's Flying Squirrels HD model. I used Rundown's model to help out with the detailing, mostly on the sides of the helmet. Basically, I took the best of both and combined them. Rundown's model are some of the cardboard pieces I put on the helmet.
I'm going to have to try that for the raised detail pieces for my helmet. Did you use the exact same scale size between the two pep files? Or was there some adjustment involved?

nicely pepped. Cant wait to see it done.
And your going for the glass technique, kwl.

@ Malechei:

Yeah, me too! :) I'm going to do the best I can... Hopefully it'll turn out good.

@ MrOreo123:

There was some adjustments that needed to be done, the scale between the two files where different. I cut out the pieces of rundown's file onto cardboard, then placed it on the appropriate spots. Then I paste FS (in cardstock) pieces over the cardboard.

Some details are from the original FS file, some are rundowns.

@ rundown:

Yep, no more toying around with glue, it's time to glass. I have to step into the big leagues sometime soon right?

And thanks for the replies guys! :)

Lol so I guess hot glue was the little leagues? But your armor made it look like the big leagues. Though glassing it will be a pain but so worth it for the strength :D

Dude dont take this to offensive But when i 1st saw this topic i had to lol come on it funny seeing pooper's in a name, But in real on topic post i think the heml looks great.

This is looking real good Pooper!

Your first suit was amazing and that was without resin and fibreglass, so I think this one will blow us away!

Good luck, oh and I agree with Spawn Camp3r, definately use supports! It would be so sad if the model turned into that resin-y schmootz!

Will be keeping an eye on this one ;]

Thanks for the fast reply to my PM pooper :D

You know, you're good with using cardboard for detail, why not try scratch building Halo Wars Spartan Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back