Pooper's New Odst Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
JediStumpy said:
Looking great there buddy! Like the paint as well!

DO you have any wip pics of how you did the back details? Would like to know more on how you did those?

Can't wait to see you in some armor!!

Keep in touch!

Thanks JS! No, I don't have any WIP pics on the back details... I can tell you how I did it though. I printed out the back piece where the details are going to go, so I can measure it properly to use as a template. I've used Rubes helmet as reference for the details. Then I draw out the details, trace the details on cardboard, and use them like floating faces. Depending on how 'Deep' or 'raised' the detail should be, I just stack two cardboard pieces over each other.

I was thinking of making a Tutorial on how I make my Cardboard details... it's really easy to do and has really good results.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
That is some very clean work :)

Thanks bud! :) And I'm really digging your Ironman build as well...

SPARTAN II said:
I think this needs to be said:

sealSpartanII.jpg

You're welcome for the helpful hints and motivation, buddy. It'd be a shame for craftsmanship like this to go unfinished, after all ;)

Looking downright awesome, btw. I love the weathering you added to it. And thanks for posting the base colour you used. When I manage to get my hands on one, I think I'll use the same.

Although, instead of applying a black stripe to mine, I'll go with a dark red/maroon stripe. I think the Gunmetal Grey and Maroon would be a good contrast :)

Yay! I'm spartan approved! Woot! Lol Thanks Spartan! I've been slacking just a little on my WIPs, but I try to do as much as I can... As for the base color, your welcome! :) I don't mind sharing a little info for you all. And Yeah, I was going to do red/dark red stripe, but I've seen a lot of members here doing that, so I wanted to do something a little different ya know? :p

DutchDude said:
that's a great helmet. I bet your ODST suit is gonna kick behinds when you get it finished.

-DD

Thanks man! Yeah, I believe my suit is going to be pretty good... but I can't take all the credit. The rest of the main suit I'm going to get is made by Sean Bradley... I just made the helmet and going to do the paint job and details (grenades, knife, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a minor update I forgot to post... I finally manage to paint the back details of the helmet Black, like it looks on the game. Had to mask the whole helmet...

AttachmentPreviewdocument17.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument18.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument19.jpg

So, just a minor update. I have to line the inside of the helmet with some headliner fabric... and I'm waiting for my SB suit kit to come along. I can't wait! :)

Well, tell next time!

@ po3saucez: Thanks for the kind comment sir! :)

pooper said:
[...]

Yay! I'm spartan approved! Woot! Lol Thanks Spartan! I've been slacking just a little on my WIPs, but I try to do as much as I can... As for the base color, your welcome! :) I don't mind sharing a little info for you all. And Yeah, I was going to do red/dark red stripe, but I've seen a lot of members here doing that, so I wanted to do something a little different ya know? :p

[...]

BOLD # 1: You're welcome, buddy! Work like this deserves that sort of recognition :D

BOLD # 2: Yeah, I know a lot of other folks have done the dark red/maroon colour scheme, but for me it was simply a personal preference. I just like to contrast between the base colour and the red :)

No worries on "slacking" on your WiP's, my friend. It's understandable work and other things have been keeping you pretty busy lately. It's just good you popped in to say "Hi" :)

SPARTAN II said:
BOLD # 1: You're welcome, buddy! Work like this deserves that sort of recognition :D

BOLD # 2: Yeah, I know a lot of other folks have done the dark red/maroon colour scheme, but for me it was simply a personal preference. I just like to contrast between the base colour and the red :)

No worries on "slacking" on your WiP's, my friend. It's understandable work and other things have been keeping you pretty busy lately. It's just good you popped in to say "Hi" :)

Funny you say that Elvis! :pI don't know if you saw this...

I was selected as one of the WIP Wednesday members on the 405th Source! Here's the link...

http://405th.com/?p=2980

Thanks to all that have helped and supported me. :)

And yeah, the dark red is cool too. I also happen to use the black stripe on the game as well, so it's all good. And yeah, my new job has me busy... being the new Art Director is keeping me busy.

darth wombo said:
are you going to mold this baby?

Let me know if you need any help. I have a lot of materials left from my molding project.

Yah I used the the resin and CB idea on my forearms when I made them about a year ago. It worked great.

DSC00499.jpg

pooper said:
Funny you say that Elvis! :pI don't know if you saw this...

I was selected as one of the WIP Wednesday members on the 405th Source! Here's the link...

http://405th.com/?p=2980

Thanks to all that have helped and supported me. :)

And yeah, the dark red is cool too. I also happen to use the black stripe on the game as well, so it's all good. And yeah, my new job has me busy... being the new Art Director is keeping me busy.

BOLD # 1: HAWT DAWG! Like someone I know used to say: "kewlness begats kewlness". A good guy like you deserves it. Congrats on that, Mike!

BOLD # 2: Congrats on that, too! Don't work too hard, though :p

Man, that ODST helmet is just getting more and more epic every time I check out this thread! :lol Awesome work, and congrats on getting on WIP Wednesday.

POOPER! This is insanely epic as always! ^o^

Bondo looks really neat, and I love the paintjob! Keep up the fanastic work! I am officially inspired :]

hey Pooper,

I love the way your helm turned out it looks REALLY good

I am working on an ODST helmet as well

hope it turns out as good as yours

Question: how did you make the silver battle damage I love that

keep up the good work!

paint job looks great bro ive been looking for ideas on weathering and i think i found it thanks

How's it going everyone? Sorry for not having any updates... just been busy with life is all. But hopefully soon, I'll have something to show ya... as a lot of you already know, I'm just sitting back and waiting on Sean's suit to come. The man is working hard to get done with orders and tutorials to make things easier for those who ordered one... I'm not in a big rush to get this done and I'm very patient. Sean's work is always worth it. So, I'm waiting on the suit.

darth wombo said:
are you going to mold this baby?

Yeah, I would love to mold and cast this... but I need to get some experience under my belt first when it comes to molding.

JediStumpy said:
Let me know if you need any help. I have a lot of materials left from my molding project.

Yah I used the the resin and CB idea on my forearms when I made them about a year ago. It worked great.

Hey, thanks for the offer! Every little bit of help is very appreciated... and yeah, I love using cardbord! I may try fun foam... much like Ithica.

SPARTAN II said:
BOLD # 1: HAWT DAWG! Like someone I know used to say: "kewlness begats kewlness". A good guy like you deserves it. Congrats on that, Mike!

BOLD # 2: Congrats on that, too! Don't work too hard, though :p

Lol Thanks Elvis! And it's too late, I'm working my butt off. :p

SPARTAN1803 said:

SpArtan-270 said:
Man, that ODST helmet is just getting more and more epic every time I check out this thread! :lol Awesome work, and congrats on getting on WIP Wednesday.

Thanks bud! :) And I'm still looking out for your threads/builds. It gives me ideas on what I can do on my cardboard details.

Potshot said:
Looking pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks bud! :)

sierra092 said:
Nice helmet :D

did you use cardboard to layer the back?

Thanks! And yes, I used cardboard for the back details.

po3saucez said:
Can i reall say anything but...sexy? :)

Lol thanks buddy :p

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
POOPER! This is insanely epic as always! ^o^

Bondo looks really neat, and I love the paintjob! Keep up the fanastic work! I am officially inspired :]

Yay! I inspired someone! Thanks FS... :) always cool to hear from the UK Spartans!

Bram76 said:
hey Pooper,

I love the way your helm turned out it looks REALLY good

I am working on an ODST helmet as well

hope it turns out as good as yours

Question: how did you make the silver battle damage I love that

keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot bud! I'm sure that your helmet will come out good as well. As for the paint job, I learned it from Link and Sean Bradley. What you'll want to do is start with your choice of primer, then a silver base coat. You'll then use either hand lotion or toothpaste (i used the toothpaste. it's less greasy and is fights cavities! :p ), brush it on the base coat, spray on your color of choice, let it dry some, and then wipe off the toothpaste. Be sure to let the paint dry between coats and color.

Sorry for double post, couldn't fit all the response on the last one...

Nox Umbra said:
This is looking good Pooper. I like how your doing your paint job.

thanks!

rundown said:
how did i miss this :eek sweet work man.

Thanks Rundown! It's an awesome model...

tumbucu said:
paint job looks great bro ive been looking for ideas on weathering and i think i found it thanks

No problem man, glad it helped ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back