Portal Costume for Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightGliderX

I have just under 2 week to convert my old helix super soaker into a portal gun for a party, Lets do this!!
helix.jpg

(This is off Google)

The plan is not to make it 100% like the Portal gun but something very similar, unfortunately its now too dark for good photos so some will be added tomorrow!

Looks like a good base for this. I think you could easily use these for the cables with a very small amount of modification:

GearTie-U-Pattern---transparent.png

Saw them at the store the other day and they come in four or five different lengths, the longest one was plenty long enough for what your doing. Also you can bend them to any shape and they will stay that shape until you bend them again.

Those would be perfect! Unfortunately I live in England so I dont know if they are available over here :( but defiantly useful info for other portal lovers! :D

Progress Update #1

Today I have gutted the water gun
100_0018.jpg

Made templates to get a rough shape for the shells which I have filled with expanding foam which will hopefully work, here they are to give an idea of what the finished gun will look like
100_0020.jpg

I shall take more pictures of the dried shells tomorrow

Progress Update #2

The foam has fully cured but has not really worked, this is my first time trying out this method so next time I know to plan more :p
100_0029-1.jpg

As you can see there are gaps which could be filled however Im going to get some florist green foam and give that a shot
100_0030.jpg

Plan for next time when using this method - Do the top half, let it dry, then do the bottom. Gravity was the main thing here!:p

Progress Update #3

Last few days up to now I've been shaping the foam to form the shells and they are close to being finished. Today I have been sanding down edges of the main body (Sorry for the poor lighting, I keep forgetting how quick it gets dark :p)
100_00302.jpg

I created a panel for inside the gun to hold the front end
100_0037.jpg

Out of PVC couplings I'm making the front end so its able to screw on and off so its easier to open up the gun if I need to
100_0032.jpg
100_0035.jpg
100_0040.jpg

And now picture of what the gun will sort of look like!
100_0042.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back