Possible charity work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArBiTeR1400

My mother has been wondering does the 405th does any charity work in any official compacity with homeless shelters or hospitals? She's aware that people in the 501st does in the US with children's hospitals, wondering if we do anything like that here? She's been wanting me to do something in costume with what I'm currently building to go down my local garage sale Sunday market to raise money for charity or setup some community gaming day at my local entertainment hall centre that can be approved by the local council for charity but also as a way to show my works/network with people in similar fields of interests.

If we don't, I think anyone up the command chain/upper management here in Australia should look into it for the future, maybe co-op with other organizations like 501st in a some capacity for autism awareness, cancer research or food donations, just anything to raise money & awareness as an organization, cosplay for a cause. It's also a great way for advertisement for recruitments & awareness for 405th, do a little more than just meetup at conventions.

My mother has been wondering does the 405th does any charity work in any official compacity with homeless shelters or hospitals? She's aware that people in the 501st does in the US with children's hospitals, wondering if we do anything like that here? She's been wanting me to do something in costume with what I'm currently building to go down my local garage sale Sunday market to raise money for charity or setup some community gaming day at my local entertainment hall centre that can be approved by the local council for charity but also as a way to show my works/network with people in similar fields of interests.

If we don't, I think anyone up the command chain/upper management here in Australia should look into it for the future, maybe co-op with other organizations like 501st in a some capacity for autism awareness, cancer research or food donations, just anything to raise money & awareness as an organization, cosplay for a cause. It's also a great way for advertisement for recruitments & awareness for 405th, do a little more than just meetup at conventions.
Yes with focus on appearances and helping with events as well as supporting fundraisers.

Due to the rules laid out in the Event FAQ members should not directly handle cash donations but having a direct donation to a charity or charity organization is acceptable.

A good example of this is the Extra Life streams that we participate in. Donations are handled through Extra Life, we put on a show and everyone has a great time.

For examples of other appearances and well wishings that I've taken part in we've sent care packages...

...presented prosthetics to young SPARTANs...

... and supported charities at other events in other capacities. If there's ever anything that you think you'd like to do, run it past your Regiment Staff and see if others want to jump in! Everyone likes to see a big group of costumers together.

Yes with focus on appearances and helping with events as well as supporting fundraisers.

Due to the rules laid out in the Event FAQ members should not directly handle cash donations but having a direct donation to a charity or charity organization is acceptable.

A good example of this is the Extra Life streams that we participate in. Donations are handled through Extra Life, we put on a show and everyone has a great time.

For examples of other appearances and well wishings that I've taken part in we've sent care packages...

...presented prosthetics to young SPARTANs...

... and supported charities at other events in other capacities. If there's ever anything that you think you'd like to do, run it past your Regiment Staff and see if others want to jump in! Everyone likes to see a big group of costumers together.
Thanks for the info, mate! :love:
I'll look into something maybe a year from now after my costume is done to hopefully do something small locally, I'll run some ideas through my regiment leaders, see what we can do.

Sorry just jumping in here,
I do love your enthusiasm wanting to help others, just a couple of things to keep in mind Working with Childrens check if you wish to do Schools and Hospitals and if your looking at larger venues Public Liability Insurance both of these the 501st and other larger costume groups have . I would look around your local area for costumes groups that already have PLI. WWCC are easy to obtain, free and you just need to pay for the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back