Possible M12 Warthog build and deployment publicly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadena

I am proposing a plan to start funding for a warthog build. I have an idea to take donations on a jump starting website for any project that needs funding. This would be to help build a warthog for any film organization, because the only warthogs in existence are these.
(1) Op Chastity- being used
(2) Weta's Warthog - Film Companies and Live Action Series only!
So i thought to get this funding and let it be used by anyone who requests it for a legit film for a small price just so we can keep it running and in proper shape. We have an idea how to build it thanks to Op Chastity's blueprint and a few engineering friends.

Question: If any money was left over after the production of the warthog, what do you suggest we donate it to? (legitimate answers - donate to charity, film org., etc.)

Question: If we allowed volunteers to help with this build which would take place in Texas, would anyone be willing to travel or donate time to help?

well hate to bust you 2 hog thing but there's three one is OC's, then wetas, then 343's warthog. and on the other side of things could you build a spade if someone needed it?

Also i take back my comment about it being done in Texas, due to the many experienced fans on 405th it could be taken to someone else for work to be done......just a thought.

well hate to bust you 2 hog thing but there's three one is OC's, then wetas, then 343's warthog. and on the other side of things could you build a spade if someone needed it?

If im not mistaken the one 343 uses is the one built by Weta. Because i cant seem to find any reference to a 343 independent warthog. And we have the blueprint from Op Chastity and a few engineering friends/contacts. Not to mention the many wonderful fans on 405th that could help if there up for it.

Make it a troop hog lol

We could definitely make a troop hog, anyone wanna help?

Third option down after googling "343 Warthog"

Simple Google search bro - 343 HAS commissioned one and its already finished. It's based off the Halo 4 hog and is scaled larger than Weta's to accommodate a fully armored Spartan.

Never heard if the other one, but, yes Weta's was used in FuntoD but the cockpit was cramped for the ODST's during the Halo 3 promos and def cannot hold a fully armored Spartan.

Long story short - 343 has their own warthog - this was also on Waypoint - surprised you missed it.

Troop hog or a Spade would be cool - convert a Wrangler Unlimited or a Silverado into a troop hog :) hmmmmm.......possibilities

Anyways - good luck - I hope y'all actually build it - can't have too many hogs!

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

this is a very cool idea (wish i had the time to help) I could sketch up some basic blueprints on a interchangeable bed for the hog (troop, machine gun, rail gun, rockets, ect.) but they wont be fast. i mught be able to upload them before january.

Third option down after googling "343 Warthog"

Simple Google search bro - 343 HAS commissioned one and its already finished. It's based off the Halo 4 hog and is scaled larger than Weta's to accommodate a fully armored Spartan.

Never heard if the other one, but, yes Weta's was used in FuntoD but the cockpit was cramped for the ODST's during the Halo 3 promos and def cannot hold a fully armored Spartan.

Long story short - 343 has their own warthog - this was also on Waypoint - surprised you missed it.

Troop hog or a Spade would be cool - convert a Wrangler Unlimited or a Silverado into a troop hog :) hmmmmm.......possibilities

Anyways - good luck - I hope y'all actually build it - can't have too many hogs!
Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

Ok so ive asked around and checked and im sorry to say but the'343 warthog' that youre referring to is made by weta and is a joint ownership warthog. I know which one youre talking about and it was made during Bungie's reign and used by weta and 343. The weta warthog is the one used in Forward unto Dawn and i know this because i saw the video on halo waypoint that talked about them having a guy who was the mastermind at weta who built the warthog and was the only one who knew how to work on it.

rickrtickr said:
this is a very cool idea (wish i had the time to help) I could sketch up some basic blueprints on a interchangeable bed for the hog (troop, machine gun, rail gun, rockets, ect.) but they wont be fast. i mught be able to upload them before january.

That would be great, it would help since we are limited on the engineering experts and semi-blueprints that were provided by Operation Chastity

Ok so ive asked around and checked and im sorry to say but the'343 warthog' that youre referring to is made by weta and is a joint ownership warthog. I know which one youre talking about and it was made during Bungie's reign and used by weta and 343. The weta warthog is the one used in Forward unto Dawn and i know this because i saw the video on halo waypoint that talked about them having a guy who was the mastermind at weta who built the warthog and was the only one who knew how to work on it.

That would be great, it would help since we are limited on the engineering experts and semi-blueprints that were provided by Operation Chastity

it was on G4 and they built it in Calforina by a place that makes protype vechiles. here's a link.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/728950/halo-4-life-size-warthog-video/index.html

Ya i just watched the video so i understand what youre talking about. But the one in Forward unto Dawn is Weta's warthog. But mow i do agree with you that 343 has built one but hasnt been used for anything yet.

OFFICIAL-

(1) 343 M12Warthog
(1) Operation Chastity M12 Warthog
(1) Weta M12 Warthog

(3) UNSC M12 Warthogs in existence

Personally, I'd pick up a HMMWV (Humvee) from government auction and convert that into a Halo 4 hog. I saw the toy the other day and you wouldn't need much more for the conversion than stripping the kevlar off and attaching (welding) on a roll bar. The rest can be done with plastics since it is mostly for looks, anyway.

---NOTICE---
In the next day or so there will be a website up so that anyone who would like to be apart if this project or would be willing to donate money towards it can sign up on a mailing list to give them an idea of the project dates and events. It will include what kind of experienced help we would need and we are only asking for donations because it will be a publicly available warthog to anyone who will be willing to pay a small price so that we can keep it running. No part of this profitable or will disperse compensation to help. All 100% will be used to design, build and maintain the warthog.

Keep an eye out for this info and ask around if anyone you know would like to help.

Thank you for your time.​

Personally, I'd pick up a HMMWV (Humvee) from government auction and convert that into a Halo 4 hog.
I saw the toy the other day and you wouldn't need much more for the conversion than stripping the kevlar off and attaching (welding)
on a roll bar. The rest can be done with plastics since it is mostly for looks, anyway.

You sure about that? I'm pretty certain you'll never be able to do that because the Govt. demills complete Hummers
after service, using a torch and cutting them into pieces.

Kind of a waste in my opinion. :(

I live in texas and I have experience in building cars. What part are you in? Im very interested in this. Would love more info. I have some decent experience in mechanics. As for metal work I know some basics but Im always willing to learn more. Wiring im decent at, takes alot of time but I still need to improve.

You sure about that? I'm pretty certain you'll never be able to do that because the Govt. demills complete Hummers

an army humvee is not nessasary just pick up an old hummer H-1 or H-2 both have a near perfact match to a humvee.

I live in texas and I have experience in building cars. What part are you in? Im very interested in this. Would love more info. I have some decent experience in mechanics. As for metal work I know some basics but Im always willing to learn more. Wiring im decent at, takes alot of time but I still need to improve.

I am a graphic disgine major i can draw a very basic skematics but that is pretty much it. my dad is probably one of the best mechinanics i know ( so i have learned a good deal of knowlage from him ) so it is possable that i could help on just basic mounting of the frame. (but not likely)

We havent started yet we are still recieving funding and looking for help to begin the process. Our first priority will be to strip down a vehicle to use for the base. Ill send you a pm with contact info in case you need or want to get a hold of me for more info.

Where did you ever hear this? I was in the Army and almost picked up one at Ft. Lewis at auction, but it had too many problems. They demill weapons, not vehicles. Otherwise, the Stargate group wouldn't have their Deuce-and-a-half.

We havent started yet we are still recieving funding and looking for help to begin the process. Our first priority will be to strip down a vehicle to use for the base. Ill send you a pm with contact info in case you need or want to get a hold of me for more info.

Alrighty, what vehicle were you looking to do this with? maybe a old K5 blazer? or something close to that size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back