Posterboard Ironman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Well, Ironman Day is almost upon us.. perhaps some of you have already seen it. :p

To honor the movie release Fan Andrew Le built a Ironman costume very quickly and with inexpensive materials... and I think it's pretty darn neat!

Spotted this over at Kotaku, be sure to go read the article for more pictures. This guy did this for all the right reasons:

i just wanted to make it for the movie release and for children to have a hero they can actually see in person :D. I done it because i been a fan of Iron man. I noticed that there nor plans or blue prints to make the armor of Iron man so i made one.

http://kotaku.com/386416/iron-man-lives-again

ironmantouchdown.jpg

medium_2458449040_84d41c411b_o.jpg

Say what you will about accuracy, the fact that someone could whip something like this together so quickly will always amaze me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just got back from seeing it. ;p I thought it was great. I would suggest staying after the credits too...

That armor looks cool, the shape of the helmet looks really accurate.

that looks awesome! it reminds me of the $6000 one on ebay! the paint job really makes it shout! it shows that out there, there are very creative and artistic people that never come out in front. If that guy built that in a week, think of how many other wonderful things he could come up with! stuff like this always suprises me that simple materials can make great things.

gamerguy55 said:
I actually just got back from seeing it. ;p I thought it was great. I would suggest staying after the credits too...

That armor looks cool, the shape of the helmet looks really accurate.

Me too! Went with a couple buddies for a special previewing last night. Plans were very last minute, lol.

Funny thing is, as we were leaving we'd thought about sticking around to see if there was anything after the credits, but didn't really think they'd be showing anything else, so we left. Now I'm wishing we had :p

Btw, for posterboard, that is one helluva nicely done suit. The guy did a really good job on it, especially considering the short length of time he did it in. Should be quite the sight at the theatre, heh :D

Looks great, he put attention to detail in the places where it mattered in the average person's mental immage (mainly the helm). Let's face it, the average person get's pretty fuzzy on the minute details when asked to picture something without a reference picture, and I think he captured everything the immagination would reproduce. In other words, it fits the purpose, and it's great.

At Keller Northwest Realty, we specialize in high collateral sales!
Let agent Tony Stark bully your potential buyers with lasers and tactical warheads.

:D

Wow, that's really good, and it's not like he can't keep working on it if he wanted to improve on some stuff. Bravo!

I also just saw the movie, and it was great!
This looks very cool Sean, and I am interested in how he did it so quickly, can you say SKILL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back