Posting a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver

Hi

How does one go about posting a thread in the General Halo Discussions?

I would like to find out if anyone has 3D files for Carters armour as I have access to a 3D printer and would like to try making it.

For some reason Site Support and News is the only place wherea tab for posting a new thread comes up.

Doug

Hi

How does one go about posting a thread in the General Halo Discussions?

I would like to find out if anyone has 3D files for Carters armour as I have access to a 3D printer and would like to try making it.

For some reason Site Support and News is the only place wherea tab for posting a new thread comes up.

Doug

New Recruits are only supposed to create threads in the New Recruit section. This is to cut down on unnecessary or duplicate threads. Other people request things and there are often threads already created to post your requests into. Even though you can't create threads other places, you can post in any thread that is already created (please be aware of how old a thread may be before posting in it). Consider searching for a place to request things or PMing people who are doing similar things as you. Good luck!

Upvote 0
As a New Member you can only create new threads in the "New Recruit" and Site Support sections. Once you hit 50 posts, you are then allowed to create threads in other sections. You can reply to threads in most Forums, except for Regiments which are limited to Regimental Members, just not create threads there.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses

I have been on her since 2012. But I am not about to make 50 totally useless posts just for that. It annoys me to no end to have to go through dozens of posts that pretty much say nothing just to try to find one piece of pertinent information so I do not add to that unless I have something to say that is actually useful. And I have already gone through the posting. There isn't a lot on Carter to start with and I have found nothing dealing with the 3D printers for it. Hence my question.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses

I have been on her since 2012. But I am not about to make 50 totally useless posts just for that. It annoys me to no end to have to go through dozens of posts that pretty much say nothing just to try to find one piece of pertinent information so I do not add to that unless I have something to say that is actually useful. And I have already gone through the posting. There isn't a lot on Carter to start with and I have found nothing dealing with the 3D printers for it. Hence my question.

Yes, making 50 posts would not be the answer. Not to mention once you could, posting this in the General Halo Discussions would not be the correct place. That is for things like, what is your favorite halo toy. As for the reluctance to read through posts, that is your loss. There is a lot of very useful information on this site. That being said, as I mentioned you can post your question in the new recruit section (previously linked to) and that would be fine. If you are not able to create a thread in that section then you should contact an admin. But, I would recommend doing a little more digging.

For instance, your first step would be to figure out what armor you're looking for.. There is no such thing as Carter armor. Carter is a character that wears a specific armor variant. With a quick google search (or looking at a picture) I was able to find that his helmet is the Commando variant. In the File Archive, under Halo Reach in the OBJ file category I was able to find the 3d object file you have been looking for in part one of the helmet asset pack: http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=343
I hope that helps you and I wish you the best of luck in your creation.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much. I really wasn't thinking of it as being separate parts. LOL the helmet is the only piece I actually have at the moment. I won one several years ago and had to finish it. IMGP2460a.jpg

Upvote 0
You're welcome. :) That's pretty cool.

I'm not sure if the rest of Carter's armor is the commando varient, but this should help you: http://veegie.com/Vanity/
That link is to a program you can download to create a Spartan from the Halo Reach game. Basically it is the same as making one in the game, but everything is unlocked. The only thing it doesn't have is attachments, like nightvison goggles. Using a picture of Carter you should be able to figure out what pieces he is wearing by clicking through them in Vanity and then search for them in the OBJ section of the file archive. You could also look around and see if someone has already specified all of the pieces that he wears. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back